i like the changes

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
I have to disagree with you guys, no offence but i think the changes in sky angel make the service more appealing to me. It still seems to be the most family friendly of all the television services. Honestly as much as I love great preaching can get tired of hearing the same message on four or five different stations on the same day. Even when it was all "Christian" I had to monitor what was on because of individual theological positions were presented which I did not believe to be Biblical. I still have to be responsibIe and monitor what my family watches but given the choice between fox news, or hallmark and MTV, Sky angel wins hands down.

neil_kc1 said:
I have to disagree with you guys, no offence but i think the changes in sky angel make the service more appealing to me. It still seems to be the most family friendly of all the television services. Honestly as much as I love great preaching can get tired of hearing the same message on four or five different stations on the same day. Even when it was all "Christian" I had to monitor what was on because of individual theological positions were presented which I did not believe to be Biblical. I still have to be responsibIe and monitor what my family watches but given the choice between fox news, or hallmark and MTV, Sky angel wins hands down.
well said

Reminds me of the old song, "better than that".
God wants our BEST and not our better than.

"Hallmark and Fox News is better than MTV" is a step toward "sure I slept with my sister, but I didn't post the video we made on the Internet - I'm better than that!" SEVERAL steps before, but a step in that direction.

Perhaps you should look at the program schedule and content of HGTV and hope that your favorite Sky Angel channel isn't the next to "agree to leave" to make room for more general market content.

JL

ever notice lurker sometimes is pro sky angel,and sometimes against?
and sometimes he is just plain out there :eek: sleep with my sister???!!! :eek:

bad example!!!!!!!!!

Thankful for Sky Angel

I have been switching through various Sky Angel channels this evening and am very pleased with what I see. I am very thankful for such a service as Sky Angel. :)

Thank you Sky Angel. :yes

Overall, I like the changes to Sky Angel. I like being able to keep up on the news, and I have greatly enjoyed some of the movies and programs on the new channels.

I am concerned about some of the moral content of news and entertainment shows on the new channels. Perhaps someday there will be a 24-hour news channel run by Christians. Perhaps there will be a Christian-run entertainment channel with movies and tv shows that are thoroughly checked for moral content. When such channels come into existence, Sky Angel should dump Fox News and Hallmark channels for them.

But as I've said before, Sky Angel has never been totally "worry-free" TV.
I've always had to monitor SA programming for doctrinal content...AND, even before they added Fox News and Hallmark Channels, not every SA program was 100% perfect in its moral presentation.

My suggestion: Voice your objections to Sky Angel in a reasonable manner. Perhaps they will contact Fox News and Hallmark with your concerns, and affect some change. I think it's way too early to bail out on Sky Angel.
Keep praying and working to make it better.

drfreeman said:
ever notice lurker sometimes is pro sky angel,and sometimes against?
Generally accepting of them, more positive at times than others. "The Dominion" has ticked me off occasionally, first by trading away bandwidth in a deal that restricted religious content on E*. Seekers are more likely to subscribe to E* than SkyAngel, including teens could be ministered to in homes where parents wouldn't accept SkyAngel. Losing FamilyNet and Entertaining Everyone was not good.

But a couple of months ago when there was 'nothing on' I decided to blow some money on SkyAngel. I waste money on enough other things - why not to get a couple new channels I wanted? I just have higher aspirations for the service than they have been living up to at times.
drfreeman said:
and sometimes he is just plain out there :eek: sleep with my sister???!!! :eek:
bad example!!!!!!!!!
Did you get the point?

There are a LOT of steps that are "better than" what is on normal cable and satellite before you get to the ideal that we have set for SkyAngel. Sometimes the ideal viewers have for SkyAngel is higher than they offer.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts