I like the Hopper but It seems a little off???

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
I have 2 hoppers and three Joeys.

My bedroom hopper was recoding its prime time. Wife was was watching
a show and I was recoding Hockey. All off same hopper.

In my office my Joey which is connected to my bedroom hopper
would not let me access the recorded hockey game. It came up black
while still in recodeing mode.
It was CNBC. No blackout.

Im sure there was a recording conflict or I ran out of tuners.
Never had this with my 922 or 722?

Maybe prime time is causing a conflict???

Any ideas?

Sort of similar issue here.

Recording PTAT and something else on one Hopper.

On that Hopper, attempted to watch a PTAT recording from a few days earlier.

Black screen.

When PTAT recording was complete, was able to watch the PTAT recording from a few days earlier no problems.

Figured the system was bogged down, but a selling point was to be able to record 6 shows, and watch something from DVR.

You couldn't access it because you were trying to do 4 things from one hopper. It has 3 tuners and all were already in use. At least that is my understanding.

And that selling point of 6 things with 1 hopper is a croc. Technically you can with the ptat using 1 tuner for 4 shows and the other 2 doing 2 other shows... for all intents and purposes, you can have 3 things going at once on any one hopper.

If you had the hockey recording on your other hopper there should not have been an issue.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

You couldn't access it because you were trying to do 4 things from one hopper. It has 3 tuners and all were already in use. At least that is my understanding.

lern4483's joey was trying to join a tuner on the hopper that's already being actively recorded. You should be able to do that.

In theory, you should be able to do at least seven things at once if you wanted in a 1h/3j setup. I could have all three tuners on the hopper recording and then have all 1H/3J watching 4 different DVR recordings.

Should you be able to "start over" any of three things recording at the same time before they finish recording? Been having a problem with this. Unable to do anything other than to tune to any of the three. Can't start any from beginning. Can't rewind from "live". PTAT is disabled, by the way. Sometimes some of the three are just a black screen when tuned to. Thanks.

FitzAusTex said:
Should you be able to "start over" any of three things recording at the same time before they finish recording? Been having a problem with this. Unable to do anything other than to tune to any of the three. Can't start any from beginning. Can't rewind from "live". PTAT is disabled, by the way. Sometimes some of the three are just a black screen when tuned to. Thanks.

Same issue. I've rebooted. Seems to temporarily fix the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)