I liked what I got, now I have to do it right.

Technojunky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Jensen Beach, FL
I installed my new 36" Fortec dish, my first, in the front corner, near the garage door, long enough to taste it. Once the women of the house saw it, I had to say it was temp, and i would move it as soon as I figure it out. That was after I put two bags of concrete in the hole, and filled the pipe with the rest. I was working so well, yet I was not able to scan a satellite. I had it fixed on one position and left it there until I got a good look around.
Now for the attempt to get it right. I have a new home for the dish, I put a 2 3/8 pipe in the far back of the property, up on an incline, so it should see the sky well. As I move the dish, I am going to take the motor off and make sure it is set to zero. I will then put it back on my dish and make sure the dish is centered on the motor. So far, am I on the right path? The next step I have planned is to put the entire motor/dish assembly on the pole and make it fact my southern most satellite. I am at 80 degrees, and I want to use AMC5 at 79 degrees, is this OK?

Question #1, if all is good up until now, how will I know when I am seeing AMC5?

#2 How strong will the signal be, as compared to Echo 110w?

#3 I have a few RCA line amplifiers made for DirecTV and Dish, can I use them on my QPH-031? Is there anything bad that can happen? The dish will be over 100 feet to the receiver.

#4 Once I get my dish on AMC5 perfectly, will the other satellites tune in perfectly as well, using the motor?

Yes, my pipe is 100% on the money, plumb.

Thanks for all the help guys, this forum is the best for helping newbs, as they call us on a few other sites. Those sites do not answer newb questions. Thanks for making a great hobby even greater... Joe In South Florida 34957

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts