I lost TBS in the 8th inning of the NLDS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

styxfix

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 7, 2003
Pacific Coast
Just when they challenging the call at first screen goes black. I also lost the MLB ch at the same time. I miss the end of this great game. :( Did this happen to anybody else? Both channels finally came back about 45 minutes later.

Reactions: Marv B
YEA, same here...the SD version was still up. (of course you most likely had to unhide them first...which this POS CUI now makes it more complicated than on the previous guide...) :mad:

Reactions: pattykay
Same here. Thought it was my DVR, and was really worried when the reset didn't work, then went behind a mess of clutter and unplugged the machine. Frantically tried to find the game online, to no avail. Had to just see the final score. Most upset I've ever been with the timing, having invested four hours in this game! Hope this gets publicized tomorrow. Inexcusable!

Seemed to be only on 129 other channels were also gone for awhile there. SD worked because it is on 119.

Everything seemed to freeze up on my 722. Don't know if I would have had an option to go to the SD version. When I first tried the reset button, and it eventually came to the five green bar screen, only the FIRST bar lit up green, and it just stayed that way. Eventually unplugged the machine for a minute, but the same result afterwards. Finally went to three bars lit, and then a message to download the programming guide, which I declined, and finally back to normal. So upset at the timing of all this!!!

Reactions: pattykay
One night, about a year ago, I was watching TV, then got signal loss. Went to the check switch screen and had nothing on the 61 - 72 was fine - so I drag my ladder out, grab my meter and sure enough, the 61 is showing no signal. I jump down, leaving the meter on, grab an LNBF out of my van, back up the ladder and I see a little bit of signal on the 61. Sit there watching it and slowly but surely, without touching it, it comes back after a few minutes. Talked to some other techs the next day and heard the same thing from them. Weird. It's like it just died for a few minutes.

Perfectly nice out that night, too.

I didn't know if it was Dish or TBS, so I went on Kodi and used my gray area IPTV app and finished watching the game. Yeah, I like “gray area” better than illegal.

Everything seemed to freeze up on my 722. Don't know if I would have had an option to go to the SD version. When I first tried the reset button, and it eventually came to the five green bar screen, only the FIRST bar lit up green, and it just stayed that way. Eventually unplugged the machine for a minute, but the same result afterwards. Finally went to three bars lit, and then a message to download the programming guide, which I declined, and finally back to normal. So upset at the timing of all this!!!

Betting it just looked like it was frozen. If you changed channels that one was also likely off the air too. I simply went to the SD version doing nothing else and it was fine. It all came back doing nothing else. I had no channels on the EA or on 119 off so looks to me it was only 129 affected.

I wish I would have thought about trying the SD channel. I was so pissed off I didn't get to sleep until after 2am. I was trying two reboots, DishAnywhere, and finally when I got a link to stream it online it was over.

I lost it too. Completely unacceptable. Cubs baseball is the ONLY thing that keeps me from cutting the cord, and missing the 9th inning of the most important game of the year is a disaster. I tried speaking with Customer Service and at first they tried telling me that the game was blacked out. I told them that was absolutely not the case and asked if there was any other compensation they could provide and the representative said no. This makes me even more likely to discontinue my $150/month service in the near future. I simply won't accept this kind of ineptitude without any form of compensation for my experience.

I didn't think about the SD TBS channel. I guess because it's now hidden. I don't recall this ever happening before

I tried resetting the Hopper to no avail. Other channels seemed OK. I also did not think of low-res as I assumed that there was a problem at the stadium.

I lost it too. Completely unacceptable. Cubs baseball is the ONLY thing that keeps me from cutting the cord, and missing the 9th inning of the most important game of the year is a disaster. I tried speaking with Customer Service and at first they tried telling me that the game was blacked out. I told them that was absolutely not the case and asked if there was any other compensation they could provide and the representative said no. This makes me even more likely to discontinue my $150/month service in the near future. I simply won't accept this kind of ineptitude without any form of compensation for my experience.
Sh*t happens. Get over it or move elsewhere.

What time was this? I was trying to watch some different channels around midnight-12;30A ET on Friday morning and all I got was black. Not a "no signal", just black. It was on a couple different channels (HD). I didn't try the SD versions. I ended up watching a couple shows off DVR and then the video was back.

And I'm sorry, compensation for 45 minutes of a missing program? Good luck with that. $150/month is about $1/channel/month. That would be about 3 cents/day/channel. So you'd be entitled to about a tenth of a cent.

Would you be satisfied with true compensation? Because you paid less than $0.01 for the game, so to give you what you paid back, would that compensation make you happy? $0.01?

I would be more upset with the continued terrible, uniformed, not trained correctly, not caring or stupid CSR's. First response is always "it's a blacked out game" I bet if I called to say I can't get Live PD they would say it's a blacked out program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)