I love having Comcast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Comcast does not get a lot of love on this site but I have been very happy with them since I left DirecTV, there have been a few problems, like the X1 at first, but now it works as good as anything from the Sat. providers, today I called them up to add HBO and they told me they could give me a better price if I upgraded my package-

Your Order Summary
XFINITY Bundled Services HD Preferred Plus XF Bundle Includes Digital Preferred with HBO, Starz, access to Premium On Demand Programming, Video Equipment, Internet Service and Digital Voice Unlimited Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 12 months $ 144.99
EcoBill Discount $ -5.00
Additional XFINITY TV Services AnyRoom DVR Service Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 12 months $ 0.00
Additional Outlet Svc HD Converter $ 9.95
Additional XFINITY Internet Services Speed Increase Extreme 105 Internet Service. Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 24 months $ 0.00
Additional XFINITY Voice Services Voice/Data Modem Rental $ 8.00
Other Charges & Credits Universal Connectivity Charge - Reoccurring $ 0.91
Service Discount Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 12 months $ -20.00
Broadcast TV Fee $ 1.50
Regulatory Recovery Fee Recurring $ 0.12
Taxes, Surcharges & Fees $ 7.73
Grand Total $ 148.20

So without me asking, they upgraded me to the new 105/20 service which is amazing, did a speed test and it is more like 120/25

I used to love my old Comcast service. I used my own TiVo and got bulk digital starter TV service for only $2.70, because we got free expanded cable from the landlord. Except because I had the TiVo and not the Comcast DVR, I got a $2.50 per month credit! Somehow, I got HD without paying any extra fees. I got two DTAs for free when they turned off analog. Since I was technically a TV customer, that meant I could get the cable modem at a discounted rate, including promos when I first got it. Never even got a modem rental fee or anything.

All told, I only had to send Comcast about $55 per month for 50 Mbps cable modem and to enable my TiVo and DTAs.

Then they sold my building to developers. The new owners must own stock in AT&T. Comcast is now prohibited from selling service to this building. They didn't cut off the actual signal, but they sent kill packets to my cable card and DTAs I get $40 off my rent every month now, but it's useless. I have to dole out over $80 per month to DISH for fewer channels, and that is on top of $55 to Clearwire for my sad 16 Mbps service, because I couldn't sign any contracts - the developers will tear down the building soon, and I will move away, and maybe get Comcast again, or maybe nothing. The only upside is that the new landlord did not care how much I screwed up the building trying to self install my own dish, because they are going to tear down the building anyway.

Your paying too much directv at the most you wold pay is 79.00 your geting cheated

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've had the Digital Preferred (all the digital channels plus Sports and HBO/MAX/SHO/STZ/TMX, etc.) and 30/15 Internet for $119.99 per month...and renewed the promo package for another year back in the summer. I have two Tivos (Roamio Pro and Premiere) so I pay for one cablecard, the other is free, bringing the total to $130 with taxes/fees. I've got no complaints with their services and the XFinity On Demand app on the Tivo rocks! Far, far, far less expensive (and better) than D* and E* IMO.

Wait until that contract runs out then it will be around 200/month

Contract nothing...I just call every year and ask to be re-enrolled in the same or better promotion. And they do it every year. The same goes for our FiOS TV service (duel residence) - we've had new customer promotion/pricing, a free DVR and free Cablecard since March 2008. Just ask and be prepared to look elsewhere if you don't receive an offer you like. Of course, we pay all our bills the day they're cut (3-weeks prior to due date) and we both have 800+ credit scores so we're A+ category customers. Folks who don't pay their bills on time probably won't get any special treatment or more favorable terms. In all fairness, we also didn't pay anything close to full-price when we had Voom and Dish Network. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to ask if you're a good customer. Ask early, ask often...and don't be a schmuck by pay full-retail; that price is the folks who don't pay their bills on time. C'est la vie!

Reactions: Juan
Wait until that contract runs out then it will be around 200/month

I'm my area cable doesn't even have contracts. That's one of the biggest benefits to using them. If they drop a channel you want you can switch until it's fixed. Dish and Directv may have better equipment but I hate how they hold you hostage with their one sided contracts. If they drop a channel that I had when I signed up I should be able to switch to someone who offers it. Their response is basically, "we're sorry you're not happy with our service but you aren't going anywhere unless you are willing to pay $300 to leave early." In my opinion, that's not a good way to treat your customers and create goodwill for your company.

Comcast does not get a lot of love on this site but I have been very happy with them since I left DirecTV, there have been a few problems, like the X1 at first, but now it works as good as anything from the Sat. providers, today I called them up to add HBO and they told me they could give me a better price if I upgraded my package- Your Order Summary XFINITY Bundled Services HD Preferred Plus XF Bundle Includes Digital Preferred with HBO, Starz, access to Premium On Demand Programming, Video Equipment, Internet Service and Digital Voice Unlimited Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 12 months $ 144.99 EcoBill Discount $ -5.00 Additional XFINITY TV Services AnyRoom DVR Service Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 12 months $ 0.00 Additional Outlet Svc HD Converter $ 9.95 Additional XFINITY Internet Services Speed Increase Extreme 105 Internet Service. Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 24 months $ 0.00 Additional XFINITY Voice Services Voice/Data Modem Rental $ 8.00 Other Charges & Credits Universal Connectivity Charge - Reoccurring $ 0.91 Service Discount Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 12 months $ -20.00 Broadcast TV Fee $ 1.50 Regulatory Recovery Fee Recurring $ 0.12 Taxes, Surcharges & Fees $ 7.73 Grand Total $ 148.20 So without me asking, they upgraded me to the new 105/20 service which is amazing, did a speed test and it is more like 120/25

I decided that I did not want HBO and Starz anymore ( never watched them ) and called them up again, for me they are great to work with

Your Order Summary XFINITY Bundled Services Starter Triple Play XF Includes Digital Starter with access to On Demand, Video Equipment, Internet Service and Digital Voice Unlimited Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 24 months $104.00
EcoBill Discount $-5.00
HD Technology Fee Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 24 months $0.00
AnyRoom DVR Service Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 24 months $7.99
Additional Outlet Svc HD Converter $9.95
Additional XFINITY Internet Services Speed Increase Blast! Internet Service Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 24 months $0.00
Speed Increase Extreme 105 Internet Service. $10.00
Additional XFINITY Voice Services Voice/Data Modem Rental $8.00
Other Charges & Credits Universal Connectivity Charge - Reoccurring $0.96
Promotional Rate for 24 months $-20.00
Broadcast TV Fee $1.50
Regulatory Recovery Fee Recurring $ 0.13
Taxes, Surcharges & Fees $6.62
Grand Total $124.15
I still get all the cable channels I care about except no BBC America ( I will just have to wait for New Doctor Who episodes to be on Netflix, or buy them from Vudu) and DisneyXD when the new Star Wars is on. Also I will be getting rid of the extra box downstairs, we never use the projector except for Blu rays, Netflix and Vudu and since Comcast now live airs most of the cable channels we watch over the net, my kids never will miss out in their rooms ( they never watch TV anyways, on their tablets and computers instead), so they will save another 10 dollars, so that will bring the bill down to $114.20 a month.

Last edited:
I have comcast phone and internet now and was wondering about switching over to x1.

With x1 can you rewind if you tune in late Can you pause and pick up where you left off in another room? Record from any room?

I have comcast phone and internet now and was wondering about switching over to x1.

With x1 can you rewind if you tune in late Can you pause and pick up where you left off in another room? Record from any room?

You can only tune in late if you want to watch the channel the DVR is on when you turn on the TV, the DVR is always on. There is no tune in late in late for a show that wasn't being buffered on any DVR, the channel has to be in the buffer, it can't go back in time.

With X1 you can watch and record from any other room. I turn it off in the Family Room and go upstairs and resume it, On Demand has that capability too.

Ordered one of those new DTA HDMI boxes for the basement, they messed up and sent me a empty box so to make it up to me they lowered my bill some more.

Your Order Summary
XFINITY Bundled Services Starter Triple Play XF Includes Digital Starter with access to On Demand, Video Equipment, Blast! Internet and XFINITY Voice Unlimited Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 12 months $ 104.00
EcoBill Discount $ -5.00
Additional XFINITY TV Services Additional Outlet $ 1.99
HD Technology Fee Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 12 months $ 0.00
AnyRoom DVR Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 12 months $ 7.99
Additional XFINITY Internet Services Speed Increase Extreme 105 Internet $ 10.00
Additional XFINITY Voice Services Voice/Data Modem Rental $ 8.00
Other Charges & Credits Universal Connectivity Charge - Recurring $ 0.89
Service Discount Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 12 months $ -20.00
Broadcast TV Fee $ 1.50
Regulatory Recovery Fee Recurring $ 0.10
Taxes, Surcharges & Fees $ 5.57
Grand Total $ 115.04

After one annoying blip with Comcast, I'm actually quite happy with them now. Their website is a mess in regards of pricing when shopping and right now it says I get internet and no TV, BUT...

Blast Plus with Digital Economy, HBO, Streampix, and digital converter: $59.99 after credit ($91.95 before credit)
Various fees: $5.97

I'm also expecting a discount of $2.50 for using a cablecard divice rather than their box, but that's not reflected on a bill yet since I just set up the HDHomerun.

TheHDHomerun took a bit of time to set up, but the people at the cablecard phone number are great. If I didn't have HBO, I wouldn't have had to call them (It didn't show until the card was paired with my HDHomerun.) It brings up all the channels I subscribed to, their HD counterparts, and a couple surprises :whistle The hardest part was going into Windows Media Center to edit the channel list. It automatically put in EVERY channel offered by Comcast. It's been a couple hours now, but it's pretty much set how I'd like.

Your paying too much directv at the most you wold pay is 79.00 your geting cheated
You might think so if you hadn't added up all the numbers. Without promotional pricing on the CHOICE package ($66.99), two HDTVs ($12) and DVR service ($15) you're looking at spending close to $95/month. It is arguably difficult to spend only $79/month long term with DIRECTV.

All the numbers in the TS's case include broadband and landline phone. Add those to DIRECTV and you're looking at $160+ for SELECT on a couple of TVs.

That said, if the TS can't maintain promotional pricing the Comcast figure will jump up to over $200 after 12 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)