I love Hoppa and AutoHoppa

thomasjk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Thanks to Ray C and the DIRT team I upgraded to Hoppa and 1 Joey on Wednesday from a 622. So far the whole family loves it especially AutoHoppa. PTAT is working OK except there seems to be some inconsistency in applying Autohop. Not all network programs get flagged and the time delay for it varies. I'm looking forward to OTA when it finally gets here but right now we can live three tuners. PTAT covers a good deal of the shows we record off the big 4.

The install took three hours overall. The arrival time was right at the beginning of the 12PM-5PM window. The installer did a good job that started by running an extra wire from the dish to a solo node. He also made a point of explaining that the Joey would not be installed until there was live TV on the Hopper. It took about 45 minutes to an hour for this to happen and then about 45 minutes for the Joey. He connected the Hopper to the internet using the USB Wireless adapter because my internet connection was not accessible with out running more coax. The Joey is connected using RG59 which is about 25-30 years old. No issues with it so far. He programmed both remotes but I did make sure that they both were taken out of limited mode. Thanks Satguys for this little gem. My external hard drive was recognized but it is in a strange place in the menus. The Hopper is located in the Family Room and is identified as such. Both the installer and I were puzzled because we couldn't find it at first. He unplugged it and re-plugged and again it was recognized. I started looking at the DVR menu and under Family Room is External Disk 1. The installer was a little surprised by this but I think it makes sense to tie it to the Hopper name but that's not obvious intially.

All in all and good install.

BTW the software was S222 on the Hopper and S271 for the Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts