I made a mistake

warrenrx

Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I made a big big mistake. To make this thread short here goes. I had service with Dish about a month ago. Got angry (shouldn't have) and canceled service. My 722 and 211 were from a local retailer. I made a mistake. Did pay my cancellation fee. Called back today trying to get service and customer service tells me I have to wait 6 months to return back to them now. I dont understand. I have cancelled with cellular and other companies before and was always able to come back as long as fines were paid. They are coming out better. I am even willing to pay to have the installer come back and re-install the equipment. THE PISSER IS THIS....WITHIN A MONTH AND I WILL TAKE BETS NOW DISH WILL CALL ME AND START WORRYING ME TO COME BACK IT NEVER FAILS. ALL COMPANIES DO. ITS BOTHERSOME BECAUSE THEY WONT HELP ME NOW, IT HAS TO BE ON THEIR TERMS. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TODAY AND TWO WEEKS FROM NOW WHEN A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP CALLS TO SEE WHAT WENT WRONG. YOU CAN "FAKE" CRY THE BLUES ON THE PHONE AND YOU ARE BACK IN THE SADDLE. I AM HAVING DIRECTV WORRING ME TO DEATH RIGHT NOW, BUT I WANT DISH BACK. THOUGHT ABOUT CALLING THE LOCAL RETAILER. mONEY IS NOT THE PROBLEM i AM WILLING TO PAY FOR THE INSTALL ($150).

Sometimes we have to live with our mistakes.

I know today's spoiled rotten, thankless, me first society has almost gotten out of living with the consequences for their actions but it does happen.

If you contacted the corporate office and told them you realize you were wrong and made a big mistake, they might have mercy on you considering today's lack of people willing to admit they made a mistake and grant you a pass to come back.

You might even want to think about living with (dare I say it?) DirecTv for a year and then try to come back. Apparently, I hear, it's not that bad.

Sometimes we have to live with our mistakes.
If you contacted the corporate office and told them you realize you were wrong and made a big mistake, they might have mercy on you considering today's lack of people willing to admit they made a mistake and grant you a pass to come back.
I would switch providers before I Kiss any Television companys ass! If I cancelled I sure wouldn't be begging then to come back either. I have to put up with their sh*t,they can put up with mine. Its a business not your girlfriend. Call Directv!

I would switch providers before I Kiss any Television companys ass! If I cancelled I sure wouldn't be begging then to come back either. I have to put up with their sh*t,they can put up with mine. Its a business not your girlfriend. Call Directv!

I think he recently dropped Direct TV as he mentions they are still calling him.

Perhaps talking with a local installer or another CSR might get a different answer. I don't see what they have to gain by holding you off for 6 months.

I made a big big mistake. To make this thread short here goes. I had service with Dish about a month ago. Got angry (shouldn't have) and canceled service. My 722 and 211 were from a local retailer. I made a mistake. Did pay my cancellation fee. Called back today trying to get service and customer service tells me I have to wait 6 months to return back to them now. I dont understand. I have cancelled with cellular and other companies before and was always able to come back as long as fines were paid. They are coming out better. I am even willing to pay to have the installer come back and re-install the equipment. THE PISSER IS THIS....WITHIN A MONTH AND I WILL TAKE BETS NOW DISH WILL CALL ME AND START WORRYING ME TO COME BACK IT NEVER FAILS. ALL COMPANIES DO. ITS BOTHERSOME BECAUSE THEY WONT HELP ME NOW, IT HAS TO BE ON THEIR TERMS. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TODAY AND TWO WEEKS FROM NOW WHEN A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP CALLS TO SEE WHAT WENT WRONG. YOU CAN "FAKE" CRY THE BLUES ON THE PHONE AND YOU ARE BACK IN THE SADDLE. I AM HAVING DIRECTV WORRING ME TO DEATH RIGHT NOW, BUT I WANT DISH BACK. THOUGHT ABOUT CALLING THE LOCAL RETAILER. mONEY IS NOT THE PROBLEM i AM WILLING TO PAY FOR THE INSTALL ($150).

Good luck calling the local retailer now. You've already skrewed him by cancelling.
He's already been charged back for any/all commissions!!!!!
You should have called the local retialer before you cancelled.

Yep, you made a mistake.

fred

:p

Too funny!

That's why I suggested he maybe think about calling D* but as was pointed out, maybe he burned that bridge too!

Time for a NetFlix account and an OTA antenna.

I dont understand. I have cancelled with cellular and other companies before and was always able to come back as long as fines were paid.

Maybe you should invest some money in a mood stabilizer so you quit getting pissed off and cancelling services??? I mean seriously, it sounds by your own words that this is a pattern.

Good luck calling the local retailer now. You've already skrewed him by cancelling.
He's already been charged back for any/all commissions!!!!!
You should have called the local retialer before you cancelled.

Yep, you made a mistake.

fred

Just think about the poor installer who went to the house and spent his own time, gas & installations accessories. All that comes out of his pocket and now he will be back charged too!!......... I hate when people do that.. That installer just worked for free..........

Since your account is listed by your phone number, call up and ask to set up as a new customer, and use your cell phone number, if you used your home number the fist time.When you give your address tell them a different one.......

If you gave 101 south 1st street, tell them 101 1/2 south 1st street. They'll sign you up.

If you go back the same retailer and sign up, if they did get the chargeback, at least you could use them again so they could come back out and hook you up, and have a really easy install, since everything is still there and they should just have to hook up and activate receivers. At least then they get some money back for you getting them charged-back to begin with.

… If you go back the same retailer and sign up, if they did get the chargeback, at least you could use them again so they could come back out and hook you up, and have a really easy install, since everything is still there and they should just have to hook up and activate receivers. At least then they get some money back for you getting them charged-back to begin with.
And the assurance that he wouldn’t just flip out and cancel the service again is…..??

Dish doesnt want your bussiness!! haha

JUst kidding.. I can help you.. i have friends that work for the outbound winback department, PM me your number.. ill fwd it to the outbound winback department and i can guarantee you will get a call within a week :) pm me.
You dont need to pay 150 dllrs.. lol

DONT post the number here.. lol pm it. They can probably do a former customer dha override. Pm me if interested, NO im not a retailer or work for dish anymore.

Last edited:
Dish doesnt want your bussiness!! haha

JUst kidding.. I can help you.. i have friends that work for the outbound winback department, PM me your number.. ill fwd it to the outbound winback department and i can guarantee you will get a call within a week :) pm me.
You dont need to pay 150 dllrs.. lol

DONT post the number here.. lol pm it. They can probably do a former customer dha override. Pm me if interested, NO im not a retailer or work for dish anymore.

I'm sure another poster alluded to it, but why not have your spouse sign up as a new customer instead? Granted, you'll still probably have to put the "apartment A" identifier alongside your address. Seems a lot easier than having to wait six months or rent a ton of movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts