Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I can't sleep tonight, too much pain laying down. Lots better upright. So here I am, thinking about my next dish. I have a unknown 10' mesh hiding in the shed the last 5 years. I drug it out and inventoried the parts last weekend. I always held it as a daunting task to put up that dish but after the Winegard I'm thinking this will be a cake. I think it will replace the WSI 6' special nicely. The dish has 18 spokes and no mounting ring. It just has the hub/polar mount. But I'm not going to get to do this anytime soon. I have to have an operation next tues that will put me down till next spring on this project or any other. I ordered some better quality LNBs for my dual ortho, 2 Norsat 8115's and 2 Norsat 4106a's(ku)and found out they won't all be here before the 20th. I'll be short one 8115. So I won't get that up before the operation either. :( So much fun and too little time. I guess all I can do for awhile is be a pest on here :) :) I won't be able to actually talk for awhile but that's ok cause no one listens around my house anyway. But my fingers can't shut up.
I'll be relegated to watching satellite TV instead of playing with it. That will be different.

Yeah, I said when I put up my 7.5' SAMI that one dish would be fine, C and Ku. Then I changed my mind and decided to go straight C band with it and get a 1.2M motorized Ku. I have that on order, and not even put up yet. Now I think I might have found a good looking 10' buttonhook that a guy I know has had in his yard unused for about 15 years. I think I need to rescue it and work on restoring it to put up next year :) what I need two C-Band dishes for I have no idea. Most people think you are nuts for having one.

To me the really fun part is searching for a new OLD dish - knocking on the door and saying - "I noticed that ole dish out there - do you guys still use it?"

TY Turbosat. I hope to recover soon. Last day of work is Friday. If I have my way, it truly will be. My body is pretty tore up and I don't think I'm going to go back to wrenching after this. I'm tired of being the "Last resort mechanic".Fixing cars that noone else would touch. I think I'm the only guy in town that will even consider working on a carburated car.The average car I work on has 200k miles and is 20 yrs old. Maybe computers and networking. Who knows, the Geek Squad may need me LOL.

TY Turbosat. I hope to recover soon. Last day of work is Friday. If I have my way, it truly will be. My body is pretty tore up and I don't think I'm going to go back to wrenching after this. I'm tired of being the "Last resort mechanic".Fixing cars that noone else would touch. I think I'm the only guy in town that will even consider working on a carburated car.The average car I work on has 200k miles and is 20 yrs old. Maybe computers and networking. Who knows, the Geek Squad may need me LOL.
Good luck in your upcoming medical procedure! You're one of a kind and the owners of those carburetor engineered cars know it and love you for what you do keep their cars running as long as they have. Once, again good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts