I need a 1.2 M offset dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FIFA

Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
United States
Hello I'm new to this. I need a 1.2 offset antenna. I've been trying to get a hold of someone at ws international during business hours for a week now and they say it's not opened. Would anyone happen to know what happened to the company? Is satellite av any good? I need the satellite dish for SKY Mexico. I would also appreciate if someone could help me out with the LNB skew. When putting the LNB on the bracket does it have to be all the way pushed in TOWARDS the dish or AWAY from it????

Welcome to Satellite Guys. As far as I know WSI is still in operation (retailed through Galaxy Marketing) at both their Georgia and California locations. Stock varies. SatelliteAV has been a great company to deal with in my experience, too.

The Ku-band lnbf shouldn't have much of a neck on it. I put mine pushed away from the dish. But if you have photos, it'll be easier to guide you :)

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to the forum. WS satellite business is mostly a wholesale satellite supplier, and i'm not sure they even sell retail? I know they are located in the northern Los Angeles, CA. area as I have purchased from them in the past.

Satellite Av, is a well respected business in sacramento, CA. Are you in California?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have the 1.2 purchased from satav. it is a wonderful dish. I also use the satav lnbf for k band and am waiting for the c band lnbf to try on this dish. are you going to use a motor on yours? charlie

There are many out of service 1.2m dishes (the best) to be had for free. Look on gas stations, car dealerships, older Walgeens before they started using network for credit cards. Ask, ask, ask. Takes 9 no's before that yes comes in. Where are you??

There are many out of service 1.2m dishes (the best) to be had for free. Look on gas stations, car dealerships, older Walgeens before they started using network for credit cards. Ask, ask, ask. Takes 9 no's before that yes comes in. Where are you??

Skip the Walgreens. We still use then for software upgrades. We actually have an entire bird from Hughes. Somewhere on our website it says we're second to the US gov't in satellite data usage.
That being said, gas stations or other closed businesses seem to be the way to go. Find the address and find the tax records to find the property owner. If it's been closed for a while, the owner should be willing to part with the dish since they were likely just a landlord.

1.2 meter dish; approx. 4' is the question and answer the channels.

Bigger the better! If you compare the signals achieved to the channel list; doing big dish really means channels achieved; and as each channel list; adding C does receive A List. Then which one is needed? The ones you use!

Can a 3.9 ft. Receive when properly aligned with Clarkes Arc? Ku booms with a dish of this size; lnbf work almost doesn't matter as the gain in the direction picks weaker tp's and does "really work better!" Because each tp has an achieved ku channel list!

Size and material used design

1.2 meter dish; approx. 4' is the question and answer the channels.

Bigger the better! If you compare the signals achieved to the channel list; doing big dish really means channels achieved; and as each channel list; adding C does receive A List. Then which one is needed? The ones you use!

Can a 3.9 ft. Receive when properly aligned with Clarkes Arc? Ku booms with a dish of this size; lnbf work almost doesn't matter as the gain in the direction picks weaker tp's and does "really work better!" Because each tp has an achieved ku channel list!

I spoke on the phone with a guy who's got a 1.2m Andrew dish for sale for $50.

Two problems though...

1) It would be nearly a 300 mile roundtrip and,
2) I'd have to strap the dish to the top of my car w/o a luggage rack.

I go back and forth whether to go for it.

300 miles @ 15mpg = 20gal x 3.50/gal = $70 +50 = $120
To 'lower the cost' I'd find another 'opportunity' in the same direction and 'get them all' in one 'shot'.
But even if ya don't find another 'opportunity' it's cheaper than having a 1.2 shipped to you.
Con't beat an Andrew with a stamped 'consumer grade' dish, performance wise. Think this in longevity also. (but the geosatpro probably is awful close, but can't compare them)
Roof: I've seen worse**. Or beg, borrow, or steal:eek: a small trailer. I moved a 1 meter fully assembled on one a while ago. (yeah, it was only about 8 - 10 miles tho--)
:welcome to Satelliteguys
**was a mattress with one strap going thru the side windows around the thing. Front folded up and bent back to a ~120 degree angle. Can imagine the crease that would make in it.
To the OP (FIFA) Why a 1.2? A 90cm or 1 meter won't do?

Last edited:
I spoke on the phone with a guy who's got a 1.2m Andrew dish for sale for $50.

Two problems though...

1) It would be nearly a 300 mile roundtrip and,
2) I'd have to strap the dish to the top of my car w/o a luggage rack.

I go back and forth whether to go for it.

Just a few weeks before Christmas 2012, I drove round-trip almost 300 miles total for a 1.2m Prodelin dish that was given to me by another person on this forum. I hauled a trailer with a car to pick it up. Luckily the weather cooperated. I have been using the dish ever since, and I am quite happy with it. I considered it a very nice day trip with my wife, and it was well worth making it.

I have also since then driven 240 miles round-trip for a 6 ft KU Prodelin dish, and two months or so later drove 384 miles round trip for a Ajak HH drive (I hope to rebuild and mate this to the 6ft Prodelin) and TWO 10ft Winegard Pinnacle dishes (now stashed in my shed)... I don't regret any of them...

On the other hand, I no longer have a need for any other dishes for the rest of my life, lol.

You could also rent a u-haul pickup truck for a few hours and get it. Those trucks aren't too much - at least the last time I got one a few years ago to get rolls of sod to my house from home depot.

I wish I could get a 1.2m dish for less than $200. I was quoted from Sat/AV $200 just for shipping to Denver for one of theirs. So I've stuck with my 90cm and miss out on some of the weaker Ku signals. And there hasn't been any closed businesses with dishes around here.

A 1.2m is really worth it! Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts