i need a good sat meter for installs ?

vern

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
is there a good sat finder that will power the dish pro plus and 1000.2 dish and lnb.. my birdog doesn't provide enough power without having a receiver also hooked up for additional power....thanks in advance for your help

The Super Buddy made by Applied Instruments is by far the best Satellite meter I have ever used. It is pricey, but if you plan on doing this for a while, it is well worth it. You can check all satellites, transponders, voltage and dB loss with just a couple of button presses. It works on all Dish Network LNBFs.

thanks

thanks...a little high priced for right now.

anybody know about the acutrac 111 ???

its getting old. doesn't hold charge so good anymore.
birdog site says its not strong enough to work with DP pro plus. i get the 119 and 129 half of the time but not the 110. says it needs the receiver hooked to provide proper power.

You could try something I used to do when my old satbuddy had a bad battery in it. Use an 18V Drill battery with a Coax pigtail on it (make sure to put (-) side on the shield and (+) on the stinger) to power the dish instead of an extra receiver. Plenty of power and should last weeks (as long as you're not one of those 2 hours to peak guys) However, I would highly recommend the Super SatBuddy If you plan to do this for much longer, as the 1000.4 claims to require it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts