I Need Advice On Dish

deck797

Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Hello, I'm new here. Can anyone tell me what the best DishNetwork Receiver is. I have one HDTV, and would like to go w/HD DVR Advantage. They're out of the vip612. Should I wait, or go w/ the 622? Is $100.00 too much for these receivers? Also, what satellite should I insist on? I have a 500 up there now, and the CSR said that may be good enough and depends on what the tech thinks when he gets here!!?? Is this right? Any advice is much appretiated.

You'll get whatever dish you need. Not a "what is the best" thing. If you're in the northeast or southeast you'll keep the 500 and get a wingdish for 61.5. Anywhere else and you'll get a 1000 or 1000.2.

The tech will know what you need, don't worry.

Hello, I'm new here. Can anyone tell me what the best DishNetwork Receiver is. I have one HDTV, and would like to go w/HD DVR Advantage. They're out of the vip612. Should I wait, or go w/ the 622? Is $100.00 too much for these receivers? Also, what satellite should I insist on? I have a 500 up there now, and the CSR said that may be good enough and depends on what the tech thinks when he gets here!!?? Is this right? Any advice is much appretiated.

I'd get a 622 or a 722.