I need clarification from the experts here

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
I started with 2 H2k and 1 Joey
I will end up with 2 HWS 1 Joey

The Joey has to work all the time, It is on the wife's TV.

I am just over half way transferring my programs off the first old Hopper, there were over 900 programs. I have been told it must be connected and active in order to transfer programs to the EHD. Is this true? I have had the techs activate both old Hoppers and both Hopper with Sling, but I only have one dual node connected to my dish 1000.2. Is it possible to connect the old Hopper to the the client port if it must be connected, only for the purpose of transferring programs to EHD?

Yep Hopper must be active and connected to the sats to transfer content. So you currently have four Hoppers active? Two old and two new? No unfortunately Hopper won't work on CLIENT ports. I guess what I'd do in your scenario is connect a HwS for the wife to use and use the other HOST port for the old Hoppers, transfer off of each, when you're done, connect the other HwS and send the old ones back to Dish.

Thank you.
I do have a portable dish 1000.2 and a spare dual node from my RV, so I guess I can hook that up with the 2 original Hoppers.

The other problem I "discovered" is the 5 second problem. I can transfer all but the last 5 seconds of a program, then the transfer screen locks up and needs a reboot. I have seen this problem mentioned here already, so I need one of you to fix it and come out with 419.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)