i need help to tune my 10 ft c band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

omardjcu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
i live in montreal quebec, my latitud is 45.5 so a setup my polar axis at 45.5 and the offset angle it is 6.9 so i setup my declination angle at 52.4, my f/d it is .37 and the focal distance it is 44.25'' but i only get the satelite 91 w , 95 wand 87 w can some one tell me what it is the problem , on the 91 i can get fron 85 to 95Q

Just as important is your site longitude. Find the sat closest to your site longitude by rotating the mount on the pole. Do not use the actuator. leave the dish at it's highest with the actuator(or a bit east if your closest sat is a bit east, or a bit west if the sat is a bit west) Adjust polar elevation for max. Then use actuator to find sats East or west of there. Peak for max Q by rotating the mount, and the actuator only. Do not adjust elevation. Repeat by moving dish further east or west. and peak by adjusting mount on pole. when you get your furthest east or west sat peaked, return to your (closest to) southern-most sat, and check elevation. It shouldn't have changed much. Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com can help finding which sat is closest to your longitude.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist is invaluable for providing active TP's on satellites to program into your STB, to find a sat, as most factory default lists are out of date. Blindly blind-scanning is usually not very productive.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)