I need help!!!

rangers71

Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
I need some help and I know you guys can help. I am a current subscriber to E*. After watching Charlie Chat last night I have a few questions. I currently lease an 811 with a dish 500. I understand the upgrade system but have some questions about the equipment. I would like to be able to get the OTA locals in HD. I live in Dallas and I know they are not on the first list to be broadcast by E* but they will be soon ( i hope). Anyway I don't want to get an antenna for the roof if I can keep from it ( the wife isn't crazy about it). Will the 211( with an added dish 1000) be able to have locals in HD? Also to get the 211 upgrade deal is $49 but does this include them putting a dish 1000 up as well? All of the new HD channels they are adding sounds like fluff to me. I may be looking to switch to D* or even Com cast because they have the ability for local HD. I should also say that most of my viewing is locals anyway, and then ESPN. Are they Voom channel worth getting? I really want to see next year's NFL and NCAA football in HD when the are broadcast that way. Any help would be great.

Hi Rangers,

Welcome to the forum. I have a 942 and a 411. I use an OTA in my attic for HD locals. In my room with the 411, I use a small indoor antenna, and I get very good reception.

For the upgrade, it did sound like they would add the Dish 1000 if it was necessary. I would imagine that if/when Dallas HD locals are added, it would be on 129.

As for VOOM, it is a matter of preference. SOme enjoy it. Many others would rather have the premiums (Starz, Cinemax, etc.). I enjoy the new KUNG FU channel. And it sounds like VOOM has some good programming in the can.

The choice is up to you.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Thanks for the help. So does that mean that they i will be able to get those without an over the air antenna? I am fairly new to all this so any help would be great.

Determine how far away from the transmitter towers you are using antenna web. with my indoor antenna I pick up my stations from about 35 miles from the towers. With my antenna in the attic, I get some San Jose and San Francisco stations from about 65 miles away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)