KBS World Included with AT60 with SuperDISH... Any Update?

leejp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
A while back this was discussed in this thread....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=43692&highlight=kbs

"LOS ANGELES & ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Oct. 18, 2005 – Korean Broadcasting Systems (KBS), Korea’s No. 1 television network, announced that it has signed an agreement with EchoStar Communications Corporation to broadcast KBS World to DISH Network™ subscribers in the United States. KBS World, a 24-hour programming network, is available for no additional charge to eligible DISH Network customers who have a Super DISH antenna pointed at the 121-degree orbital location and currently subscribe to America’s Top 60 or above, DISH Latino or above, or the Great Wall TV Package. "

Can anyone confirm this? I am presently paying $37/Month for the Korean Variety Pack. I am not happy that SBS was taken away... If they added MBC I may stay with this package but aside from KBS... there's really nothing much worth watching on the Korean Variety Pack (I keep the $37 package since ArirangTV has some stuff worth watching).

I can get the superdish upgrade for $60 as a curent subscriber with AT60 commitment, No? Can it be pointed at the 121 degree orbital location from upstate, NY?

Thanks in advance for any help here...

You sure can. After the upgrade, you can drop down to Arirang TV only for $14.99 and watch KBS for free with subscription to AT60. The upgrade price is actually $50, by the way.

Any updates to the Korean programming is maintained on the following link. It originally talked about SBS being taken off and how it went to D*. Now it's mostly about the $10 monthly credits and experiences of going to D* with SBS there.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=42042

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
You sure can. After the upgrade, you can drop down to Arirang TV only for $14.99 and watch KBS for free with subscription to AT60. The upgrade price is actually $50, by the way.
Any updates to the Korean programming is maintained on the following link. It originally talked about SBS being taken off and how it went to D*. Now it's mostly about the $10 monthly credits and experiences of going to D* with SBS there.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=42042

Thanks! I just ordered the upgrade... It was $59.95 and I had to commit to AT60 min for 1 year (not a problem since I am AT120). I'll drop the Korean Variety Pack after Installation but I may add it back if they add MBC.

Additionally, Is there anything special I have to request to have the Super Dish pointed at ther 121 orbital location or is that by default? What additional features do I get with the Superdish?

You get to see additional international channels than on 61.5 though I think TV5 (French) is only on 61.5 at the moment.

And this is important, tell them you want the SUPERDISH 121 upgrade. The internationals are on 121, not 105. You have to make that clear to them and make sure they put that on the installation work order.

I'm not sure where in Upstate NY you are located but, the Syracuse, NY local channels are on the 121 satellite and require a Superdish. Since you're having this 121 dish installed you might want to consider adding the Syracuse locals to your package for just $5.99 (if your in the Syracuse DMA).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)