I need info on new hopper plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So is the new Joey expected to be released at the same time as Hopper Plus? I’m really ready to upgrade my Joey’s because mine are really slow. I just don’t want to do it now if a new one is expected soon.
Just get a Joey 3 or 4k, it wouldn’t matter other than the outer case, because when you plug in the hopper plus it should also bring the google os to the joeys, at least that’s what people have been expecting.

Reactions: RSP
Just get a Joey 3 or 4k, it wouldn’t matter other than the outer case, because when you plug in the hopper plus it should also bring the google os to the joeys, at least that’s what people have been expecting.
No, the Hopper+ will not bring the Android features to a Joey 3 or 4K Joey. Those Joey's are incapable of that.

Reactions: navychop
So is the new Joey expected to be released at the same time as Hopper Plus?
It had better be, since my understanding is that once you add one (Hopper+ or new Joey 4) then the entire system needs to be upgraded in order to work. This makes me wonder if maybe one of these products is already ready to be released, but new problems with another one keep pushing back the release date. If so, I wonder which one is the problem child: Hopper+, Joey 4, or Wireless Joey 4.

Oh ok, also will dish bring hopper+ to hopper duo?
I don't think so, Just Hopper 2 and 3.
That is correct. Scott explained that the Hopper+ requires the Sling capability for at least some of its functions. This means that Hoppers 2 and 3 are the only models that support Hopper+. Unfortunately, support for the old Sling adapter (that used to work with Hopper 1) ended a long time ago, and Hopper Duo never supported Sling to begin with.

4K Joey is useless since it is incapable of decoding 4K HDR material and that is all Dish broadcasts any more.
Remember when everyone used to complain about the lack of HDR for any 4K content (even events that "should" have had HDR) due to Dish needing to make their 4K broadcasts compatible with the 4K Joey? I guess there is just no pleasing some people. I suppose Dish could broadcast the same event in both formats, but then those same people would probably still complain about Dish wasting bandwidth for a duplicate 4K feed instead of carrying a second different 4K event.

???????
All Dish broadcasts is 4K now ?????
I bet every dish user would like to know when that happened and how to get it.
I bet most Dish users would already know exactly when that happened, since most Dish users don't even have 4K capable receivers. So, it happened whenever those users completely lost all of their channels from their older Hoppers, Joeys, Wally, and/or ViP receivers. :rolleyes

Reactions: charlesrshell
I contacted DISH today to try and lock in the price. While talking with the rep she told me I could upgrade my H3 & 2 4KJs for Hopper+ & 2 Wireless Joeys + a few other perks to spice up the deal. I jumped but wondered if I should of went for wired Joeys instead.

She told me the installation of new equipment would cost $100.00 for each piece ($300.00) of equipment. I said that would be a deal breaker, then she put me on hold and returned with a no charge to get the new equipment. My appointment is Sunday (9/4). The only reason I went for new equipment is for the MULTI-VIEW on the Joeys!

I forgot to ask for a price lock!!!

There is no multi view on the joeys. There is not even Picture in Picture.
Thought I read somewhere on this site that the next generation would have the feature. I asked the rep if they did and she checked with someone and they said it did.
If it doesn't have that feature I'm canceling the install. Guess I'll have to call dish support and ask them.