I need some help please.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xxjace

Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
I went to a guys house they other day that had a big fta setup.He got alot of channels.I currently have dish network and a dish 1000..My question is I dont have alot to spend on fta.Can I just buy a cheaper box and run it to my dish sat and be ready to go??Thanks in advance for your help.I cant afford much atm.Thanks..I believe his stuff was sonicview I found a cheaper sonicview box let me know guys

First--- Legal FTA will not replace Dish network or Dsih HD.
Second-- Dish, BEV, nor DTV will work for me like FTA!

SO: My suggestion is that you read, read, read. Then decide what you want to watch the most and then see if FTA is for you. Then is it KU or C-band. Then we can help more.

There is a thread as to what you can get using the subscription dishes and the very short answer is only 2 channels FTA. OK, the longer answer say a lot of extra work might get a few others, but not in the fog or rain.

Getting subscription channels and calling it FTA is violation of the law and prosecution of those TREATY LAWS is now under homeland security. Not somethjing I would want to tangle with.

SO, welcome to FTA. Read and ask questions when you are ready.

POP

There are only a few channels I am interested in.. I like boxing, and wrestling..I'm mostly wanting it for channels that play that type of stuff? So could I use my 1000 dish and a cheap box? and would I just have to buy a box and plug it to my 1000 fot those kind of channels..Thanks guys let me know

Using fta equipment to circumvent encryption on pay-tv is illegal. We don't condone it, discuss it, nor help people do that here. If you want pay-tv, PAY for it. There are occassional wrestling and boxing events to be found on fta, but no free PPV channels.

XXjace;

Welcome!

If your pal gets busted, it could mean really big $$$. They call it theft of signal.

FTA means No Animal planet, no Showtime, No sports packages, and no Cartoon Network, as these are subscription channels. If you want those, keep up your Dish subscription. It's still way cheaper than the fines will be if you get caught bootlegging. Tell that to your buddy.

I get about 100 Free, legal, and really cool channels. From all over the US and channels from all over the world. And I have a small system compared to some of the really serious FTA guys here. Everything you need to know can be found by reading the forums here.

There are only a few channels I am interested in.. I like boxing, and wrestling..I'm mostly wanting it for channels that play that type of stuff? So could I use my 1000 dish and a cheap box? and would I just have to buy a box and plug it to my 1000 fot those kind of channels..Thanks guys let me know

Here is a list of the channels you can get LEGALLY from FTA:

FTAList.com Master Channel List

The only subscription dish that can pick up anything but NASA and ANGELONE
is the superdish but even it is a bit on the small side and has some quirks.

What you need to buy is a 31inch or larger dish with a linear (not circular) lnbf.
You also need a receiver. A sonicview will work fine. Some of the recommended
receivers on this site are the coolsat 5000/6000, the visionsat iv-200, the mercury II
and the pansat 9200 (if you want HD)

Check the sponsors at the top of the page.

As far as sports, there are wild feeds which come and go randomly, so if you
are interested in wild feeds or you find channels you want to watch on multiple
satellites, you will also want a motor so you can tune multiple satellites.

I went to a guys house they other day that had a big fta setup.He got alot of channels.I currently have dish network and a dish 1000..My question is I dont have alot to spend on fta.Can I just buy a cheaper box and run it to my dish sat and be ready to go??Thanks in advance for your help.I cant afford much atm.Thanks..I believe his stuff was sonicview I found a cheaper sonicview box let me know guys

Oh, and if you say your friend has a "big fta setup" and it is a legal setup,
he is probably the best person to ask as a legal "big fta setup" usually
means someone has multiple satelites and alot of know how.

all I said was boxing and wrestling...I never said ppv

Every station that you get from directtv/dish are technically ppv.
The only difference is you pay once a month for unlimited viewing
versus paying for a one time viewing.

You need to determine what station(s) you are wanting and see if
they are on the list above. If they aren't on the list above then
your friend is more than likely breaking the law.

I think the simple answer to your question is "no". You will not be able to watch boxing and wrestling with a FTA receiver connected to your Dish 1000. If that's what your friend is doing it is not legal. These are the facts, as already stated it is illegal to decode programming which is intended for customers who pay a provider such as Dish Network.
I'm not saying that is what your friend is doing but it does kinda sound like it. After Dish Network swaps out all their cards, the illegal way will no longer work.

There is a bit of wrestling available on some channels which are available FTA but as already mentioned, you'll need a different dish and LNB for starters. The minimum size dish I'd consider acceptable for this would probably be one no smaller than 32", the bigger the better.

Some of the FOX channels on G10r, or now called G18 have wrestling on the weekends. For that you will need a dish close to 36" or larger. I use a 1m dish from Southern Ontario, Canada and get a great signal. Might be WWE and/or another. I don't watch wrestling, but do have my dish pointed at G18 almost all of the time. Keep your Dish system and FTA system separate. Don't interconnect the dishes.

There are also boxing and wrestling events on feeds and uplinks, but you may not be able to catch the match that you want on FTA. Last week I watch some HD wrestling, but it was a Big Ten match on the Big Ten network. A lot depends upon just what you expect.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)