I need some help with my receiver or buying a new one. im a complete audio idiot

I just upgraded from a Pioneer to the Onkyo and I am glad that I did. I upgraded from the Pioneer VSX-1014TX receiver and like the Onkyo much more.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Pioneer_VSX_1014TX_K/4505-6466_7-31000741.html?tag=sub

I looks that both the Pioneer and Onkyo have almost the same features. I have listed a couple that I saw really quick.

1)Onkyo supports XM and Pioneer supports XM and Sirius.
2)Onkyo supports a powered 2nd room.
3)Onkyo has 4 (3back, 1 front) optical inputs where the Pioneer has 3 (2 back, 1 front).
4)IMO the Onkyo has a better auto setup utility.

If none of these make a difference to you then I think that it is pretty much a coin flip for you. I can say that I read up on the Pioneer VSX_1016TX and the one thing that kept me from it was that it only had HDMI pass through. I did not see any manual online for the model you are looking at so just be careful if you choose this one if HDMI is a requirement.

I still don't quite understand what I'm missing out on by not having audio passthrough as HDMI, if you could explain it to me I would really appreciate it.

I'm sure the reason you can't find a manual online is because it is just getting released this week. Which also kind of makes me hesitant to buy a product without seeing any sort of reviews.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts