I need some help?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sullic82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
I am thinking of getting a 27 inch Westinghouse lcd HD tv. I work at Shopko and its on sale for 499.99 and I get a discount. So after my discount it would be $470. It a LTV-27W6, here is a review buy cnet

http://reviews.cnet.com/Westinghouse_LTV_27w6_HD_LCD_TV_27/4505-6482_7-31966652.html?tag=prod.txt.1

and I wanted to know if that is a good deal? My parents think I should wait a while to get it cheaper. What do you guys think? Anyone think that is a good deal or should I listen to my parents and wait? I would also upgrade to Dish HD.

Thanks

That's a pretty sweet price, about $130 less than any reputable online retailer's price. If you have the money, I would go for it. Sure, it may be cheaper later, but I suspect you'd have to wait months for it to drop in price. As it stands right now, that sounds like a terrific bargain.

That's a pretty sweet price, about $130 less than any reputable online retailer's price. If you have the money, I would go for it. Sure, it may be cheaper later, but I suspect you'd have to wait months for it to drop in price. As it stands right now, that sounds like a terrific bargain.

Price indeeds sounds great for LCD, high definition, as long as image quality and viewing angle are decent. My Pansonic SD 27" set set me back over $700 10 years ago.

The fact that your parents are weighing-in has me thinking that perhaps you have other needs for that money. Agreed that it's likely a good deal, but certainly not a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing. Prices will certainly drop and newer better models will always come along, so if you wait forever for those eventualities you'll never take the leap. But that said, is now the right time? Are there other more pressing needs for that money, like taking care of a family or tuition payments due? Are you already strung-out with other financial commitments like your car? And your upgrade to DishHD is not trivial in terms of the added monthly financial obligation - will that be a problem? If the answer to all of these is "no", then go for it...!

(Sorry, but I am speaking as a father with a college kid who has to be restrained sometimes, and I just had to pony-up over $5k for his latest, ongoing tuition bill...!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts