I need some info....help please!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spotdog14

Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Hello. As the title may let you know, im in need of a little help. Let me start off by saying that the current setup in my house is 2 dual tuner box's. As with many house's our's was originally wired for regular cable.

So when the Dish network guy came out, this is what he did, the first dual tuner is in the living room, with the second line going to the kitchen. The second dual tuner is in the master bedroom, with the second line going to my bedroom.

Now, i just moved back from college, and cannot live without my MCE PC anymore! I just purchased a 311 off of ebay, i liked this one because of the S-Video output will give me superior quality when recording things on my MCEPC.

Ok, the way he wired my room was, he took the existing cable jack, put a female to female extender on it and ran the rest of the wire to the master bedroom to feed off of the dual tuner capabilities. (this is outside at the cable box of course).

So what im thinking i need to do is just remove the extender outside and plug the original cable into the sat distrobution box right? And then hookup the 311 in my room, to phone line, power, cable etc. And call dish network and activiate it....

The part i am fuzzy about is where to hook up the cable to outside....

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks!

spotdog14 said:
Hello. As the title may let you know, im in need of a little help. Let me start off by saying that the current setup in my house is 2 dual tuner box's. As with many house's our's was originally wired for regular cable.
So when the Dish network guy came out, this is what he did, the first dual tuner is in the living room, with the second line going to the kitchen. The second dual tuner is in the master bedroom, with the second line going to my bedroom.
Now, i just moved back from college, and cannot live without my MCE PC anymore! I just purchased a 311 off of ebay, i liked this one because of the S-Video output will give me superior quality when recording things on my MCEPC.
Ok, the way he wired my room was, he took the existing cable jack, put a female to female extender on it and ran the rest of the wire to the master bedroom to feed off of the dual tuner capabilities. (this is outside at the cable box of course).
So what im thinking i need to do is just remove the extender outside and plug the original cable into the sat distrobution box right? And then hookup the 311 in my room, to phone line, power, cable etc. And call dish network and activiate it....
The part i am fuzzy about is where to hook up the cable to outside....
Any help on this would be great.
Thanks!
You will need to add aditional capacity to your dish. Two receivers is all that you can currently run off the DPP Twin on your dish. A DPP44 switch should run about $200 call DISH at 800-333-3474.

boba said:
You will need to add aditional capacity to your dish. Two receivers is all that you can currently run off the DPP Twin on your dish. A DPP44 switch should run about $200 call DISH at 800-333-3474.

thank you very much for the into! i didnt know that. If all that is going to have to be done, then i might just have the installer config my third sat box.

spotdog14 said:
thank you very much for the into! i didnt know that. If all that is going to have to be done, then i might just have the installer config my third sat box.
There's going to be a significant charge for that. The problem is that you're going from 4 to 5 total tuners, and that's ALWAYS an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts