I need your help!!!

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I'm having trouble getting into a website. The website is the506.com. Everytime I try to register I have to click on an email to activate it. When I do it says that there's an error:This user was not pre-registered or the allowed time span of 24 hours expired!
That's a complete lie. When I get the email it says I'm pre-registered!!! When I click on the link to register it says I'm not pre-registered and the 24 hrs. to activate it expired. I try to activate it as soon as I get the email.
Then I figure it's worth to shot to try logging in. When that happens it says my username or my password don't match which is a lie. I know I shouldn't use this forum for another site but that site has a lot of the old stuff I could comment on, not taking away from this great site. I mean when I registered to this site, it took literally 2 seconds to be registered, and that was it. I've emailed the webmaster but I still don't understand and I still can't register.

Can someone please help me!!!

Yes I followed the instructions. Like I said above, everytime I try to register, I can't. If I follow the link you posted above, I register. I get the email saying I'm pre registered and to activate the account by clicking on the link. Well, when I click on the link it says I'm NOT pre registered and I let the 24 hrs. to activate it expire. It's totally false.

Yes, everytime I check my email, I try to activate the account but it just doesn't seem to be working.

In that case, I don't know what to say.

I waited, and it worked for me.

Honestly, I'd like to give you an answer, but that was a while back for me- I have short-term memory.

Now I just went the 506.com home page and there's one part that says you need a password (if the administrator allows). What does that mean? Does the administrator have certain passwords that you have to use?

Sabres, let me ask you something. When you get your email to activate your account, do you activate it right away or wait because I activate it as soon as I get it. Should I do that or wait. Please help.

Sabres, I'm done with this. I can't do it. They won't let me in the sight. Everytime I try to activate my account I click on the email and it says I wasnt pre registered or the 24 hrs. has expired. IT'S NOT TRUE!!! I try to login it says I have to activate the account. When I try to do that it says i'm not pre registered. I don't what else to do!!!

I just sent an email to JP. I don't why this site is being so damn hard. I registered for this site, dbsforums, in literally 2 seconds. I don't why this site is giving me such a problem all the time.

On Sept. 1, 2008, I emailed the site about not being able to register. On Sat. Sept. 20, I finally got a response in which it said: "If the entire activation link didn't become clickable, then you need to copy and paste both parts of the link into your browser address bar and hit go."

I've tried to paste the activation link and hit go but it says I have an error.

Back on Sept. 21, 2008, I sent another email to them saying I couldn't get in to the site. I got a response two days later that said: "The activation link does not just end with action=activate. There is a long part after that which contains an ID. Make sure the whole link is clickable in your email. If it's not, then you need to copy and paste all the parts together into your browser address bar instead of clicking it."

I'm lost. What does that mean? I can't do anything because they won't activate the account.

I still haven't been able to log in. I don't know what the problem is. There's a lot of stuff I'd like to contribute to that site(not to mention this site) but I still can't get in. What the hell is going on? Meanwhile, people are registering to the site and getting in and I still can't.

1- point your mouse pointer and place it to the right side of the link you were sent.
2- hold the left button down on the mouse - now drag the curser across the link (this should highlight the link).
3- once you have the whole link highlighted place your pointer over the link and right click.
4- select & click "copy"
5- at the top of you screen in the address bar wher it reads h t t p : // blahblahbah.... erase everything in there
6 - place you pointer over the now empty address bar and right click
7- select & click "paste" this should have placed the copied link in your address bar....if so then click "Go" or hit "Enter"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)