I noted that wallmart's now selling FTA satellite receiver!

I have one of those sat finders and it's kinda wonky. Sometimes it works good, sometimes it doesn't work at all. My FS1 meter died and I bought that to use until I fixed my FS1.

I liked that it uses a phone for an interface, but the menus we're a bit clunky and it just wasn't reliable. :(

Fixed my FS1 and now the GtMedia satfinder just sits in a drawer.

Reactions: KE4EST
That receiver works fine here in the US. There's two versions, blue and orange. The orange has a scart connector but also has HDMI and will work here in the states.

Hey, Welcome to SatGuys, ReggieA!
Thank you. I've been lurking for a couple months; I can't have a satellite system of my own yet. (Recovering slowly in a nursing home from Guillain–Barré syndrome, see Wikipedia for details.) I was going to lurk / window shop until I could do something. I do want to tune in to the BBC, etc, but the FreeSat satellite is well below my horizon. Seeing this FreeSat box, offered to an unsuspecting public, set me off .

But you say it "works fine here in the US"? For internet TV, sure; but what satellite(s)? Does it tune multiple transponders? Polarizations? Move a dish? What kind of dish?
And what's a "scart connector"?

Thank you. I've been lurking for a couple months; I can't have a satellite system of my own yet. (Recovering slowly in a nursing home from Guillain–Barré syndrome, see Wikipedia for details.) I was going to lurk / window shop until I could do something. I do want to tune in to the BBC, etc, but the FreeSat satellite is well below my horizon. Seeing this FreeSat box, offered to an unsuspecting public, set me off .

But you say it "works fine here in the US"? For internet TV, sure; but what satellite(s)? Does it tune multiple transponders? Polarizations? Move a dish? What kind of dish?
And what's a "scart connector"?
As long as you can manually enter satellites and transponders (or do a blind scan) then most FTA receivers should work in the US. It is the 'extra features' some of the companies add in that we FTA enthusiasts need to be wary of. Never used the GTMedia receivers so can't say anything about dish moving capabilities but the dish could be C or KU. SCART is a type of audio/video interface used in other countries. More here: SCART - Wikipedia

They sell SCART adapters that output composite or s-video along with left & right RCA audio for use in the US.

Popular RGB Scart to Composite 3RCA S-Video AV TV Audio Adapter TCTR HL | eBay

P.S. Welcome to Satellite Guys! Good luck with your recovery! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)