I noticed that a Minneapolis channel moved. Did it move in the AM21 OTA database?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I saw on my TiVo Roamio that KMSPDT1 from the Twin Cities, MN went from 9-9 to 9-5. I only have my local Rochester, MN locals on my AM21 right now so I can't tell. But if I ever decide to put the Cities locals back on my AM21, would I have to put in a different zip code or did the DirecTV AM21 adjust it? And if I need a new zip code, which one should I use?

Anyone? It's a pretty simple question. I believe there are people from the Twin Cities area here.

I'm in the Twin Cities with OTA but I can't help you with your setup as I know nothing about an AM21. Maybe Iceberg will catch this thread. He is in MN and knows more about the OTA's and probably that AM21 than I do.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
D* rarely updates the AM 21 database, they kinda gave up on us with OTA when they included locals in their packages.
I would not expect too much too quick.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I saw on my TiVo Roamio that KMSPDT1 from the Twin Cities, MN went from 9-9 to 9-5. I only have my local Rochester, MN locals on my AM21 right now so I can't tell. But if I ever decide to put the Cities locals back on my AM21, would I have to put in a different zip code or did the DirecTV AM21 adjust it? And if I need a new zip code, which one should I use?
pm Iceberg and he will probably get back and knows alot about this.Iceberg helped me out on this when I 1st got my AM21 a few years ago and was a great help!! :)

The FOX channel 9's are still screwed up on the AM21's. When DirecTV decides to fix it is anyone's guess. KSTP's mux is also messed up and add TPT as well. I am not holding my breath for DirecTV to fix it. I just use my TV with OTA to see the sub channels. No DVR though.

Jesus H.....if someone doesnt answer in 30 minutes DONT RESPOND AND BUMP IT!!! Gets really annoying

Its a screw up. Some jackwagon must have sent bad info to Tribune who in turn changed it from 9-9 to 9-5. ITS NOT RIGHT and zap2it now reflects the right info (9-9) on most Minneapolis zips. So I'm sure it will get fixed in the next day or so on the Tivo. I noticed it today when I was watching TMZ Live on the slingbox (since Duluth doesnt get it) and it updated. 9-9 works still but no guide info. 9-5 is bogus.

Directv hasnt really updated the AM21 in a long time so I doubt they even removed it. When "TheCoolTV" left 23-2 the channel sat vacant for over a year and DIrectv didntg do anything with it. Still showed in the Am21 even though the channel no longer existed

(and before someone says it... one station doesnt have 9 subchanels on it. The Fox and My are both owned by Fox. They decided to duplicate Fox in 2 spots. One on RF29 for the indoor antenna folks and RF9 for the outdoor antenna folks. RF29 has 9-1 FOX HD, 9-2 My HD, 9-3 Movies! RF9 has Bounce 9-4 and Fox HD 9-9)

Reactions: T134
He is in MN and knows more about the OTA's and probably that AM21 than I do.
there is a reason I got rid of my AM21...its a pain in the ass because DIrectv doesnt update the database and it use to scan for stations but not anymore. It goes off of an outdated database that is missing probably 6 subchannels. So folks use monkey shine ways around it buy having to find a location by zip code that has the same RF station as the one they need to fill in and the guide will be wrong or it may be on a different station in the list

Reactions: dishrich and T134
But if I ever decide to put the Cities locals back on my AM21, would I have to put in a different zip code or did the DirecTV AM21 adjust it?
and instead of bumping the thread constantly common sense would have been to plug in 55402 (downton Mpls) and see what happens

and instead of bumping the thread constantly common sense would have been to plug in 55402 (downton Mpls) and see what happens
Geez Iceberg, I'm not perfect. I don't complain when I see you act like an ass on these boards sometimes. I have a little OCD and it's really not a big deal. Geez.

Jesus H.....if someone doesnt answer in 30 minutes DONT RESPOND AND BUMP IT!!! Gets really annoying

Its a screw up. Some jackwagon must have sent bad info to Tribune who in turn changed it from 9-9 to 9-5. ITS NOT RIGHT and zap2it now reflects the right info (9-9) on most Minneapolis zips. So I'm sure it will get fixed in the next day or so on the Tivo. I noticed it today when I was watching TMZ Live on the slingbox (since Duluth doesnt get it) and it updated. 9-9 works still but no guide info. 9-5 is bogus.

Directv hasnt really updated the AM21 in a long time so I doubt they even removed it. When "TheCoolTV" left 23-2 the channel sat vacant for over a year and DIrectv didntg do anything with it. Still showed in the Am21 even though the channel no longer existed

(and before someone says it... one station doesnt have 9 subchanels on it. The Fox and My are both owned by Fox. They decided to duplicate Fox in 2 spots. One on RF29 for the indoor antenna folks and RF9 for the outdoor antenna folks. RF29 has 9-1 FOX HD, 9-2 My HD, 9-3 Movies! RF9 has Bounce 9-4 and Fox HD 9-9)
No, I bumped it the next late morning. I did bump it maybe 45 minutes later because I saw people were posting and no one responded to my thread. Anyways, I looked on zap2it. There is no 9-9, just a 9-5. I was just curious if they changed it and don't really want to check for it's always a pain in the neck to play with my AM21 with all those zip codes and junk and since they are a little ways away I have to make sure they are coming in. But you really need to calm down, Iceberg. I use to like you in my early days here, but lately, I don't know.

Here's a link...
http://www.zap2it.com/tvlistings/local-55402?zip=55402&mso= &store=1&lineupid=USA-OTA55402

9-9 or 9-5 is a little further out and doesn't always come in. It's frequency 9 and it's hard to pick up, while 9-1 thru 9-3 are frequency 29 which is closer so they are easier. I live in a valley okay? I just want to know because sometimes the station does come in, just not much. Kinda like channels 41-1 thru 41-6 are very rare, but I like them in my database, for occasionally I will pick them up.

I was waiting for this. For real, we don't have any more information than you do about the database, edison.

You can access the database yourself! We've given you the link a few times, so you don't need to start a new thread every time you need a zip code. It's nice of coconut to look up zips for people, but you can't expect him to wait online for someone to ask about a zip! Same for Iceberg. Or anyone...

I have a little OCD and it's really not a big deal. Geez.
I have OCD too but you dont see me posting the same thing over and over and bumping threads when someone doesn't respond within an hour of posting

some of us have lives (no matter how sh**ty they are)

No, I bumped it the next late morning. I did bump it maybe 45 minutes later because I saw people were posting and no one responded to my thread.
you are asking a question that a few folks may have an answer for so it may take a while to get a response.

Anyways, I looked on zap2it. There is no 9-9, just a 9-5.
there is a glitch on there. the new version shows 9-5 but the "classic" version that I use shows 9-9

I was just curious if they changed it and don't really want to check for it's always a pain in the neck to play with my AM21 with all those zip codes and junk and since they are a little ways away I have to make sure they are coming in.
all you had to do was enter the zip for Minneapolis to see. You can just go into favorites and not select the channels if you don't want them in the guide

You can access the database yourself! We've given you the link a few times, so you don't need to start a new thread every time you need a zip code. It's nice of coconut to look up zips for people, but you can't expect him to wait online for someone to ask about a zip! Same for Iceberg. Or anyone...

Thats what I've been saying :)

I was waiting for this. For real, we don't have any more information than you do about the database, edison.

Hey, I'm dyslexic. And the format of the database is hard to read.

you are asking a question that a few folks may have an answer for so it may take a while to get a response.

there is a glitch on there. the new version shows 9-5 but the "classic" version that I use shows 9-9

all you had to do was enter the zip for Minneapolis to see. You can just go into favorites and not select the channels if you don't want them in the guide
If you read what I posted earlier, they don't always come in. I'd be waiting a while to see if it's 9-9 or 9-5, kay?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts