I ordered a DP942 Dish Reciever

outaspace

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
From the DishStore.net and just got it this evening. There is no Smart Card with the unit.

The box and the packaging has a serial number for the SmartCard but it is no where to be seen.

Is this normal, when you buy a stand alone unit ?

Thanks

Thanks for your quick response, the empty slot through me off.
Any idea why they have the slot if the Smart Card is internal ?

Indeed, all the new receivers don't have removable smart cards, the smart cards are built onto the main board.

The card slot is there in case Dish Needs to do another security upgrade (and from the looks of things they will need to do one)

BTW thanks for shopping DishStore.NET as every sale helps keep us online. :)

Thank you to the The DishStore.net , they did a great job in expediating my order, can't wait to fire up the unit.
They will have my business for future purchases.

Congrats on ur 942 Outaspace, did the Dishstore cut u a deal on the 942. Just wondering, because I'm thinking about taking the plunge!

Do you think the Hard Drive in the DP942 is quite sturdy ?

The Box in which my unit was shipped, looks like it had a bit of knocking as the corner looks abit squashed.The styro foam inside was not broken or falling apart.
So I hope everything will be okay.

Drone35,
I paid their advertised price, which is still cheaper then what I have seen at other websites.

outaspace said:
Do you think the Hard Drive in the DP942 is quite sturdy ?

The Box in which my unit was shipped, looks like it had a bit of knocking as the corner looks abit squashed.The styro foam inside was not broken or falling apart.
So I hope everything will be okay.

Dish DVR's use standard PC hard drives. They are pretty sturdy, as long as they are powered off when they are dropped. As long as the foam wasnt damaged, it should be OK. If the unit starts making any strange noises (squeeks, chirps, grinding, clicks) GET IT REPLACED ASAP.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Tomorrow I will set it up and let you know how it goes.

I can't see that they have a price listed anywhere on their site. What is their price for the 942?
outaspace said:
Thank you to the The DishStore.net , they did a great job in expediating my order, can't wait to fire up the unit.
They will have my business for future purchases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)