I Pad & Blu Tooth

Skytrooper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Baden, Pa.
No matter how I try, my Hopper and I Pad won't link up. My Dish Explorer and Dish Anywhere work fine. What's up with this?

What are you trying to do between the iPad and the Hopper? The only thing you can do between them is load a recording, and that has to be with a Hopper with Sling.

Yes,I have a Hopper w Sling. I thought the I Pad would appear on the Blu Tooth Device's Screen. Yes, I was trying to load a recording. But, what I see from Jason@Dish's response what I am trying to do is impossible. Thanks guys.

Just login to dishanywhere if transferring a movie is what you want to do. Do have to be on the same home network, but it's all done through the home network on dish anywhere

Well, no success. Am retrying another half hour show right now. The little circle is spinning and it says it is transferring. If this does work, is it really worth it if it takes that long to transfer a half hour show? How much memory is used for a half hour show? What about when the I Pad goes to sleep. Is it still transferring?

I transfer all the time. It certainly happens faster than real time. IOW, a 30 minute show should transfer in less than 30 mins, even if it has to be prepared for transfer first.

Not at home- otherwise I'd try to walk you thru the steps to see if we could find the problem.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

I should probably mention, I hardly ever transfer over. This is literally from the training we recieved, the information I was passing down. I haven't worked for dish since February so there is a good chance things have changed. But yes, sleep mode is one that another customer on here noticed was causing her problem. That's where that recommendation came from.

Is your IOS up to date? I know that I hadn't updated my iPad 2 from IOS 6 and transfers just never worked, once I updated to 7.1 it works flawlessly.

Is your IOS up to date? I know that I hadn't updated my iPad 2 from IOS 6 and transfers just never worked, once I updated to 7.1 it works flawlessly.

Yes, my software is up to date. (7.1.2)

Another thing I am struggling with is how to turn off the sleep mode. Help! Thanks guys.

Finally figured out how to get it out of the sleep mode. Tried again. The little download ball kept spinning and spinning and spinning etc. So after 2 hours of this, I quit. (Half hour show) Once again, I give up.

I have an android tablet (ASUS) and transfer movies to my tablet to via Dish Anywhere with my home network. I would think that Bluetooth should work, since the HWS and tablet both have it. You are just transferring data whether its a movie or music. Bluetooth is just a data transfer network.

Finally figured out how to get it out of the sleep mode. Tried again. The little download ball kept spinning and spinning and spinning etc. So after 2 hours of this, I quit. (Half hour show) Once again, I give up.

Are you preparing the show for transfer on the HWS before you try the transfer?