I Pad & Blu Tooth

We'll fellow Satellite Guys, I finally got it to work. Decided to give it one more try this mourning.

Turns out I had the Wireless Setup not activated.

Settings > Network Setup > Broadband > Wireless Setup did the trick.

It took one hour to prepare and then another 15 minutes to transfer a one hour show. It also used 925 MB of storage. I stumbled on this procedure by accident.

Reactions: navychop
Don't know about the sleep part. I have learned you cannot transfer using Blu Tooth. Don't know why. To take a hour program and to take one hour to prepare and then another 15 minutes to transfer seems to be a excessive amount of time and battery usage. Could it be my wireless router is not fast enough or that's just the way it is?

Another interesting thing, today during my experiment I was going to transfer a half hour show from HBO (Last Week Tonight) I got a warning saying if I transferred this program, it would be deleted from my DVR. So I chose a one hour program:, "Treehouse Masters"

Bottom line, I will probably rarely use this feature because of the inconvenience. I thought this was a really cool feature, but the time involved is excessive, or am I expecting too much?

The preparing is just recording another copy. For shows with hdcp they will delete off your DVr, because it is contractually only allowed on one device.

Don't know about the sleep part. I have learned you cannot transfer using Blu Tooth. Don't know why. To take a hour program and to take one hour to prepare and then another 15 minutes to transfer seems to be a excessive amount of time and battery usage. Could it be my wireless router is not fast enough or that's just the way it is?

Another interesting thing, today during my experiment I was going to transfer a half hour show from HBO (Last Week Tonight) I got a warning saying if I transferred this program, it would be deleted from my DVR. So I chose a one hour program:, "Treehouse Masters"

Bottom line, I will probably rarely use this feature because of the inconvenience. I thought this was a really cool feature, but the time involved is excessive, or am I expecting too much?

What I do is when setting the timer select the option "Prepare For Mobile". That way when you want to transfer, it's already prepared. Generally I'll select 3 or 4 recordings to transfer right before I go to bed. Get up the next day I'm all set. :)

Like I said, I'm glad I finally got this to work. I'll probably only use it once in a while like flying or going to our camp.

I hope this thread helped others who were having trouble with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)