I placed an Order

miket2937

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego, CA
Maybe this means nothing but...

I was able to place an order Saturday for installation 3/1/05. I received a confirmation for installs inc. today. Hope it happens. If not I'm not out anything. :)

BFG said:
Yes, which means nothing :)

You are right. It means nothing to a person who has already made up his mind not to see. It is simple.

I'm with BFG on this one. The fact that they are still taking new install and service calls don't mean jack as far as them staying in business. If they stop doing so, now that is a biggy.

Kodak spent millions on digital media processing start-up company here in San Diego. A buddy of mine was a buyer, who upon coming back from a business trip (in which the company purchased big $$$), he with all the other employees were given their pink slips. This is common. The decision to shut down is more likely going to be made by a higher up than service or operations folks. I want to hear more from the employees of VOOM. They may be in the know...

Voom will continue operating as normal until the day the CSRs show up to work and find a locked building. They will keep taking orders and schedule installs till the last minute. I'd be surprised if they did it any other way. This is how large companies operate.

Disagree. It is in the best interest of the investors and Cablevision to shutdown the operation as soon as possible so that they can stop bleeding money that they will not get back! So the fact that there still taking orders means that they haven't figured out what to do yet. As soon as they know (which we all expect to be this week or no later than 2/1), they will either shutdown or come up with a solution to continue it. At a management level, they are operating in "business as usual" mode because the final resolution from the executive office has not being determined. So that it means "nothing" is not completly accurate either.

Wow this place has gotten weird. I expect to hear a Rod Serling narrative soon.

(Not you Sean. You jumped in before I posted).

NightRyder

Sean Mota said:
Disagree. It is in the best interest of the investors and Cablevision to shutdown the operation as soon as possible so that they can stop bleeding money that they will not get back! So the fact that there still taking orders means that they haven't figured out what to do yet. As soon as they know (which we all expect to be this week or no later than 2/1), they will either shutdown or come up with a solution to continue it. At a management level, they are operating in "business as usual" mode because the final resolution from the executive office has not being determined. So that it means "nothing" is not completely accurate either.

Most intelligent and realistic post I've seen on the current V* situation. A refreshing change from all of the wild speculation floating around (hence my earlier Twilight Zone reference).

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts