I really think we need more than 2 forums for Dish Network stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Scott, I have a thought:

For the 'general' dish network forum, make that where you put all the news, stickies, faq, general info, and maybe highly trafficed posts... Only you and mods can make new threads there... That will make people go to the correct folder to what they want and help keep the new threads in the proper forum

I agree before the posts were scattered but at least a decent percentage were where they were supposed to be and one could go to hd and only look at hd related posts... I thought the idea was good at first but now I am having a real hard time finding anything....

Looking over the threads I would break it into the following:

High Definition Equipment
Discussions of all HD related recievers

Standard Definition Equipment
Discussions of all SD related recievers

Programming
Discussions of programming SD & HD

Other (not sure what to name this one, but...)
This is for billing, rants, dish audit police, etc goes...

You will always have people that post in the wrong forums, even if you leave paired down to 2. I've even seen cross posts for E* in the D* forums. It is hard to eliminate 'Newb' confusion. Just look at how many times questions could be answered if people used 'search'.

I understand Scotts reasoning. If you have less forums, you will concentrate the information and try to lessen cross posting of same questions by new forum members.

It just makes sense, but in the same token, the more seasoned users that hunt for more specific information or try to help people with more advanced issues have to wade through 'I'm thinking about getting Dish' posts....

Scotts job is to strike a delicate balance between user friendliness and information overload... At least he is trying. :up

None of the changes really affect me. I set my filters in the User CP to only see posts from the forums I'm interested in, then I use the New Posts menu tab to bring up all the threads that might potentially interest me, with those filters applied.

The only time I go directly to a forum is when I might want to start a new thread, and that isn't very often.

Ya I agree... It seems like the E* forums have taken a life of their own... damn near to the point that scott could make an entire website just for the dish stuff...

shrinking the forums seems to be adding more clutter, and more to wade through...

I just click new posts to read over the threads so it would not affect me much as I read the subject of the thread more than I would the subject of the forum.

Perhaps we need a poll for this to see what the members of this site want.

Right on! 2 Forums are not enough. What's the idea anyway? Saving ethernet space? It's ironic that Satellite Guys dropped the HDTV forum when DISH has the most HDTV of any service. Where are they spending their time.....in pup tents? I spend most of my time on the AVS Forum now in the HDTV Programming section. Try it at:

http://www.avsforum.com

This thread is almost 3 weeks old and the majority response and concensus seems to be that only 2 forums for Dish is not enough. There have been some suggestions but nothing has changed. Can we at least get equal treatment to Direct TV and have 3 Dish Forums?:D

waltinvt said:
This thread is almost 3 weeks old and the majority response and concensus seems to be that only 2 forums for Dish is not enough. There have been some suggestions but nothing has changed. Can we at least get equal treatment to Direct TV and have 3 Dish Forums?:D

Just heard that changes are possibly in the works, so I recind all my petty bullsh*t for the moment:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)