Status
Not open for further replies.

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
Sorry but I've given it a while and I really think it was a mistake to reduce Dish Network down to only 2 forums - basically technical in one group and everything else in the other.

I check in many times a day and I'm still finding I have to wade through a lot more stuff I'm not interrested in to find the threads I want to check. Also threads the even have activity from today are now scrolling over to the next page and activity from "yesterday" might go 3 or more pages.

People that can only check in once a day may really find it hard to keep up.

This is all just my opinion of course but I figure I'm probably at least an "average" viewer here and I'm finding it more difficult, so maybe others are too. Maybe we need a poll.

Perhaps we could have, at least, a DVR forum. This could cover SD & HD DVRs.

Yea, at least something better that this. I'm not saying we need 10 Dish Network related forums like the "other" place but just this one and the "tech" one isn't cutting it for me.

One thing I've noticed is that the threads are getting lost or are getting hard to find. Maybe a third Dish Network forum might solve the problem.

My 2 cents! and I'm not JL.:)

Yes I agree too... It was nice to be able to go to the HD forum or the DVR forum and just read about that topic and not have to wade through all the other stuff...

MY original proposal was this

1. Leave the Dish Network Forum alone and it include any general discussion questions etc about dish etc, including pricing and packages.
2. Dish Network HDTV to become Dish Network HD Programming
3. Dish Network DVR/PVR to become Dish Network Receivers (covers any topic about receivers usage, differences, feature requests ) It could be sub-divided by hd vs non hd.
3 alternative - is add a receivers non-dvr/pvr forum.
4. Add a Dish Network Install and Setup Forum. This is where the many questions about installation setup etc go.

BUT the concensus was that everything tends to gravitate to the dish network forum so why add more forums, i am a simple person so simpler was proposed and so i agreed.
My 2 observations are.
1. Yes it's tough now to keep up with just 2.
2. People are posting setup install issues in the dish network forum which compounds 1.

waltinvt said:
Sorry but I've given it a while and I really think it was a mistake to reduce Dish Network down to only 2 forums - basically technical in one group and everything else in the other.

I check in many times a day and I'm still finding I have to wade through a lot more stuff I'm not interrested in to find the threads I want to check. Also threads the even have activity from today are now scrolling over to the next page and activity from "yesterday" might go 3 or more pages.

People that can only check in once a day may really find it hard to keep up.

This is all just my opinion of course but I figure I'm probably at least an "average" viewer here and I'm finding it more difficult, so maybe others are too. Maybe we need a poll.

I agree with waltinvt!:confused:

the problem is that all the posts were being scattered throughout the dish forum. one example is alot of the 622 stuff was in the main area. trying to make things simple.

I have to agree with most of you that we need more than two forums to catagorize the issues. actually,...I like the old format much better. One general...One HD and one DVR. Now I have to search though threads that are not of interest. Sorry Scott...you can't please everyone.

I for 1 am not opposed to change but it is a bit hard to find anything with the new format for the Dish network fourm i know we grow fast on this board and a lot of changes have happened for the better in the last six months or so but i think this change is a bit extreme.

No matter what you do, there are always going to be people that you cannot please, no matter what it is you do.

Dish now has 2 forums.

In other news... HD and HD related has no less than 10 seperate forums.

At least break Dish up into 4 to make it a little easier to wade through:

2 - 1-DVR and 1-Non-DVR for Equipment forums
1- Programming
1- Install/Technical

[PIE]My 2¢[/PIE]

We were in a catch 22...

With the 622 people were posting about it in the HD area (which was the correct area) then some were posting it into the DVR area and then others were just posting it in the general area.

Over 90% of the HD Programming discussion was posted to the main Dish Network forum and not in the HD area.

Now we have it split into a technical / non technical setup if we make it into seperate General / Programming / DVR forums then thats the General Dish network forum for? See the problem here?

Please keep the feedback coming we are listening. :) Thank you!

I like gbjbany's proposal. Breaks it up nicely in my opinion. Remember people will always post in the wrong forums, but good descriptions will give them a fighting chance and keep posts from getting lost.

Scott Greczkowski said:
We were in a catch 22...

With the 622 people were posting about it in the HD area (which was the correct area) then some were posting it into the DVR area and then others were just posting it in the general area.

Over 90% of the HD Programming discussion was posted to the main Dish Network forum and not in the HD area.

Now we have it split into a technical / non technical setup if we make it into seperate General / Programming / DVR forums then thats the General Dish network forum for? See the problem here?

Please keep the feedback coming we are listening. :) Thank you!

Scott;
Could we change the VOOM to VOOM/DISH Network Hi-Def.? I think the VOOM only area isn't even posted in much, plus Voom & Dish combined not to mention VOOM IS/WAS a TOTALLY High Definition service that is MISSED a LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts