I sure wish I could find a backlit remote control

Saying the 50.0 remote is backlit is a bit of a stretch. You hit the backlight button and the backlight is on for the next key depression. Many key actions are more than one button click. Having a timeout on the backlight would be better. My 50.0 remote sits in a cabinet.

I actually just bought a 50.0 and like the backlighting. I like that it doesn't stay on too long and you can turn it on with the push of a button if you need it.

I do have complaints though. The new remotes (52 and 50) both have terrible buttons. Why did Echostar make them all the same size, shape, and feel? The DVR button has small raised edges and on the 50.0 the Volume/Channel buttons have shapes for up and down but most of the buttons feel identical so they are hard to tell apart. At least on the 40.0 remotes the buttons were different shapes and had different raised knobs/edges. I also liked the button-press feel (quiet instead of clicking!) and the rubberized buttons on the old remotes.

Oh well -- I have 2 remotes paired to all my boxes (40 and 52) and 3 paired to the one that gets used in a dark setting (40, 52, and 50) :biggrin

Wondering why they got rid of the red green yellow blue buttons on that 50 remote.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!
Because you can do those same things with buttons that exist on the 50 remote with the exception of the green one. With that one you can actually turn closed captions on and off with a voice command.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)