I think I figured out why 922 loses recordings

I guess my 922 (User 2) doesn't like Fringe. didn't record it yesterday, thats twice in two weeks its missed it.

DAILY reboots prior to primetime shows kick in boys. That is the answer to clear up most problems. I recommend that you do a power cord reboot daily . I had to do this with my old 921 pvr and it looks like it's sister the 922 dvr is the same way. Since I started doing this I haven't lost or missed any shows.

Well I can proudly say that I fixed my problem with missed recordings on the 922 dvr. I got my new 722k and swapped out the 922 for it. So far since Wednesday when I got it , I haven't had any missed recordings. I thought I would miss the 922 ,but the 722k is pretty rock solid and I haven't had any problems with the slow guide ,like I read some were having. I will wait on the sling adapter for now ,due to the problems some have said they are having with it and the 722k. Once they get that working solid , I will most likely buy the adapter. But very happy for now.:D:up

Well I can proudly say that I fixed my problem with missed recordings on the 922 dvr. I got my new 722k and swapped out the 922 for it. So far since Wednesday when I got it , I haven't had any missed recordings. I thought I would miss the 922 ,but the 722k is pretty rock solid and I haven't had any problems with the slow guide ,like I read some were having. I will wait on the sling adapter for now ,due to the problems some have said they are having with it and the 722k. Once they get that working solid , I will most likely buy the adapter. But very happy for now.:D:up

Well this pretty much convinces me to stay away from the 922. Had a 921 and have no desire to relive the bugginess that POS delivered. I've got a 722 (non-K) and 622, both rock steady.

Ed

BTW, Still have the 921--makes a great door stop!

Well this pretty much convinces me to stay away from the 922. Had a 921 and have no desire to relive the bugginess that POS delivered. I've got a 722 (non-K) and 622, both rock steady.

Ed

BTW, Still have the 921--makes a great door stop!

Yes, one BIG door stop. :D

That receiver was huge!:eek:

I haven't missed a recording since S109 was released. Even Fringe records now, almost always missed before.

Since 109 came out it seems to do 2 sat recordings reliably at the same time for me. I only had an issue once when 3 went off at the same time. I still think there is an interaction with the OTA module. I have not had 110 long enough to see if it is better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)