I think I messed up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

badhat

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Moses Lake, WA
I'm not trying to start a bashing thread but have many here dealt with GOsattelite.com ? I ordered from them only because the Merc II receiver was cheaper. But I also ordered a SG-2100 motor... that didn't come with the backing plate. Is it not supposed to come with it or did I get ripped? It shows a picture of it on the box... just wondering.

The plate that mounts the motor to the pole. Has the elevation markings on it. By the way I have tried to contact them with no success.

you mean this? See pic

if you're missing that, yeah you have an issue then.

Attachments

• 000_0084.JPG
    000_0084.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 215
Yes that's it. Its unfortunate that they had low prices. I really need to start digging deeper before my impulse buying. :p

I just ordered another from Sadoun. I will just keep this other motor around for a spare. Glad my wife is at work and forgot the check card. haha

Yes that's it. Its unfortunate that they had low prices. I really need to start digging deeper before my impulse buying. :p

They're an advertiser here, which usually means I'd give them a benefit of the doubt. Innocent mistakes happen.

I don't know if this is a perfect idea, but email them or call them again and mention you're on SG, where they advertise. If they still refuse to get back to you, let Scott know that one of his advertisers is having some customer service issues with faulty products. Again, that's only if you hit a brick wall.

bracket: MIA or just overlooked?

. . . uhhhhhhh . . . well, I think there is a trick with that bracket.

If I recall properly, it's hidden under a cardboard cover and takes its place in the end of the box.
Go back to your box and see how much it weighs, then dig through the packing/flaps and take another look.

I may be wrong, but if it solves your problem . . .

edit: see picture! Scroll down.

I bought a dish one time from somewhere-can't remember but it didn't have any bolts or nuts in the box - That mass produced stuff in china or whatever sweatshop sometimes forgets to put the parts in.

. . . uhhhhhhh . . . well, I think there is a trick with that bracket.

If I recall properly, it's hidden under a cardboard cover and takes its place in the end of the box.
Go back to your box and see how much it weighs, then dig through the packing/flaps and take another look.

I may be wrong, but if it solves your problem . . .

edit: see picture! Scroll down.

Wow. I feel like a retard. haha It's exactly where that picture showed. Too funny. That's why I didn't want to jump to conclusions and call anyone bad names. Not that I would ever do that to a sponsor. Thanks Anole you are a life saver. Live and learn ....

You are entirely welcome.
That's what this forum is all about: helping strangers, and making friends.
Lots of fine folks here!
Pass it on. Or, "pay it forward", if you prefer. - :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)