I think my free (or cheap) ride is over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
After taking the summer off from any FTA activity I turned my attention to my dish farm this afternoon. I took the Channel Master 75e off the garage and put a 30" oval in it's place as it was not being used to it's full potential on the garage.

Went over to the dish farm and tried to tune AMC1 in with one of the other 30" dishes I have there, this one with an old dual Star Choice LNB. No luck.
So I put up the 75e and got signal within a minute. Great, now I can just match the settings on the 30" and all will be good. I had other things in mind for the 75e. Tried for almost 2 hours, 3 different LNBs, all old Star Choice units I got for nothing.......which is exactly what I got with them, nothing. The quality meter would jump around enough to get me excited but nothing would lock.
So I think I am finally going to have to break down and actually BUY some Ku band lnbs.....:( Oh well, it's been a good few years I have been running on freebies.

So with that, and the fact that I have been pretty much absent from this site for months, what is a good inexpensive single or maybe dual now that I think about it LNB for Ku band to stick on a few different sized old Star Choice dishes? I'd like something with decent gain so I can try to get as far as 58W. Or are there any deals from a site sponsor if I but multiples?

Oh, there was more bad luck when I went into the house to scan AMC1 as it's not showing up on the receiver in the house now either even though I had it locked in with good quality outside. Maybe a reset........if not I'll be looking into that tomorrow.
So far not off to a good TV watching fall!! lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts