I think my R10 lost it's mind, literally

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andreah1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
Any ideas? I have an R10 and an R15...the R10 is our "main" dvr and I have alot of programs set to record on a daily basis. For the past week or so I've noticed programs missing. For an example, I set up the new show Identity on NBC with a season pass. Last night was the premiere, it didn't record. So, I went into search by title to see when the next show is, do a seach for all programs, start with the letter "I" and it says there are NO programs starting with "I". Now I know it's on again tonight at 8? So, I go into the other room with the R15 and do the same search, lo and behold there are loads of programs (including Identity) starting with an "I". What's going on? Should I call Directv or did my machine just up and die on me? We've had it for 1 1/2 years so I assume it's not covered anymore. I got it free with installation so not even sure if it's leased or mine? Please help, this is driving me mad!!!!!

The receiver is not leased, D* didn't start leasing until March of this year.

Pull the power cord out of the wall or the back of the receiver which ever is easier, count to 10 and reinsert it. Wait patiently for the reboot and see if that cures your problem. It may take 24 hrs. to repopulate the memory fully.

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl when I get home tonight, hope that's all it is!

There are reports on another site (ok, so it begins with TiVoCommunity.com) that there was some kind of guide corruption...

It happened to me on my HR10-250. You are better off doing a hard reboot (as boba mentioned) and then waiting for everything to repopulate. You'll be able to look at the guide and figure out what you need to record tonight. You can record programs manually from the guide.

Thanks for the info Greg. I did a hard boot, nothing changed. I checked the phone line and also "connected to dvr service" which prompted some downloading but nothing helped. I called Direct and they are stumped. They said to wait overnight and see if I get any new downloads and if it's not fixed tomorrow to call back. He also said to manually record things I want. But, how do I go ahead hours on the guide to grab stuff...how far ahead can I go? I guess I'll find out when I try it. Maybe tomorrow it will be all better anyways....

Ahh, what a little time will do. The R10 is back to normal and recording my season passes. The search shows all programs again and upcoming episodes. So, the hard boot and waiting worked. Thanks all!

I'm back to square one...any ideas or anyone else having problems? It seems that my season pass manager is recording some shows and leaving others. When I check the history it says it didn't record because someone in the household changed the season pass...that's definately not so. When I do a title search the shows aren't even there..but they are recording with no problem on my r15. I'm really stumped and totally frustrated on this. I know if I call Dtv they'll do the old dance around that it's something I've done. I suppose I don't have much choice but to call but if someone has another idea please speak up! Thanks!

Looks like I had the same problem. My wife's Season Passes for General Hospital and One Life to Live on the local ABC station were toast.

I forced the unit to dial out, and when it came back on, it had the correct information.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)