I think nightly update is fixed

Partysox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2016
N central Indiana
I usually get the nightly update between 1:20 and 1:40 am last night I left my receive off and I got my update at 1:38 am.Tonight I watched tv and it's now 3:00 am with no update.I think dish finally listened...I hope...I have a hopper3

I would come at any hour of the day. I don't know if it's "fixed"? But I watch a lot of late night TV and have noticed that I am not bothered during the "usual" hours that I use to. And have been surprised that I hadn't gotten bothered when I look at the clock and see that it's long past the "bothering hour".

BUT there are still times when my box has been off all night during this time and the minute I decide to use it, I get the update request. It never fails. So "fixed", not sure.

I usually get the nightly update between 1:20 and 1:40 am last night I left my receive off and I got my update at 1:38 am.Tonight I watched tv and it's now 3:00 am with no update.I think dish finally listened...I hope...I have a hopper3
Yes I believe it is. This is what happened around 5 or 6 pm last night and since last Sunday when I first got the h3 installed it has not shut off. I actually shut my tv screen off and keep my box on all night for the sound to help me sleep. If it shuts off my screen turns on and is so bright it always wakes me up which is what I couldnt stand before now. No box reboot after it was done either, nor did it slow anything down. I am very pleased if this stays true.
20160203_183113.jpg

My bedroom joey auto-reset at about 1am last night,
The Hopper 3 auto-reset at about 2am.
Hmm that is weird. I also have a 4k joey so maybe it is something to do with the entire hardware of your system? Not sure, but never seen it do what it did last night on my old setup of a HWS and Super joey. Cant see why it would pop that up on my screen to then do it again at 1 or 2 am thought either...

Is anyone actually getting a nightly update on the H3? I've made sure that all my boxes are shut down before 1AM and then leave the TV attached to my Hopper turned on so I know what's going on. I've been on my computer from 1 until 3 or so and i have NOT seen a single nightly update since I had the new Hopper installed last Thursday.

Is anyone actually getting a nightly update on the H3? I've made sure that all my boxes are shut down before 1AM and then leave the TV attached to my Hopper turned on so I know what's going on. I've been on my computer from 1 until 3 or so and i have NOT seen a single nightly update since I had the new Hopper installed last Thursday.
can't verify on the H3, but I'm pretty sure it did on my 4k Joey. Weird thing is it took a week or so to start. The reason I believe it is doing it again is as i said I keep my TV on when I sleep but I have a setting to turn off the screen. When the boxes reboot I always get woke up because it turns the screen back on bright as hell and annoys me. To get around I have things recording every night from 1 am to 6. I have not wanted to test it again but will this weekend and check back in with results.

can't verify on the H3, but I'm pretty sure it did on my 4k Joey. Weird thing is it took a week or so to start. The reason I believe it is doing it again is as i said I keep my TV on when I sleep but I have a setting to turn off the screen. When the boxes reboot I always get woke up because it turns the screen back on bright as hell and annoys me. To get around I have things recording every night from 1 am to 6. I have not wanted to test it again but will this weekend and check back in with results.
Talk about a "rude awakening" eh?

My bedroom joey auto-reset at about 1am last night,
The Hopper 3 auto-reset at about 2am.
Just curious - did you have your TV on to see the restart last night? I've been watching and haven't seen one in the 6 days I've had the H3. I've seen it "downloading Program Guide Info" but no reboot. So again, I have to wonder: Where are my program icons?? Could it be that I just have a bad Hopper?

Just curious - did you have your TV on to see the restart last night? I've been watching and haven't seen one in the 6 days I've had the H3. I've seen it "downloading Program Guide Info" but no reboot. So again, I have to wonder: Where are my program icons?? Could it be that I just have a bad Hopper?
if you are missing cover art still for shows. I would go into the menu and do a box reboot. Also I only believe my 4k Joey did a reboot. Again I will test this friday to confirm what it does.

The only time I get nightly updates is when i shut my h3 down.So i'm calling it and nobody is going to convince me otherwise .
I'm with you - my normal late-night viewing has not been interrupted once since getting the H3. With the HWS, both I and my recordings were messed up almost every night.

if you are missing cover art still for shows. I would go into the menu and do a box reboot. Also I only believe my 4k Joey did a reboot. Again I will test this friday to confirm what it does.
I had tried just restarting a few times early on without success. I think a combination of the newest (U303) update and a few additional steps along with a restart as suggested by a regular on here is what turned the tide for me. This morning I finally started getting the right program tiles in my DVR view, Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions :bday