I think you should read this

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I put this in a topic I posted called "Just a Couple of Quick Notes" but in the title obviously doesn't mention this and I think you guys should know about this.

I don't know if this concerns anybody but I started having problems with my computer. I was on the internet today and all of a sudden "AntiVirus 2010" appeared saying I had problems with my computer. It said that I had 41 problems with my computer. Anyway, I called Comcast because I have a cable modem and as of right now getting it fixed. I have the McAfee Security System through Comcast and now getting it fixed.
I'm just saying if you guys had or having problems that might be it. This could happen because I guess it's a new virus. Just wanted to give people a heads up.

thanks. This has been happening for a while now. It happened to my old man. I had to wipe out his hard drive.gotta be careful what websites you go to and keep that firewall up and strong even if it means sacrificing a little speed while surfing.

yeah but that shocked me because I've never seen anything like this until today. All this stuff, you know trying to scan and get rid of all this crap is a pain in the ass. Plus, I can't get into facebook or myspace. You'd think they'd give you an alert saying on Sat. or more antiviruses are coming. Meanwhile, these AntiVirus ads and popups keep coming up and really annoying me.

I'm seeing the same thing. With one of the pop-ups, no matter what I click, whether it is "no", "later" or even the little "X" in the upper right hand corner, it acts like I had clicked the "yes".

It seems to me that someone had once advised me of two buttons I could simultaneously depress that would safely close my top window, even if it was a pop-up, but I don't remember which pair it was. Does anyone know of a way to close a pop-up window safely?

My desktop PC now will not let me open my AOL. I get some kind of "DLL", "System 32" error notice. I went to Best Buy to have their Geek Squad remove the virus and/or repair the programs, but then I had the bright idea of having the files I needed just copied onto a new laptop that I bought that day, but the Geek who worked on it didn't install the copied files correctly so I still don't have acces to my saved E-mails.

Now I see that the hard drive on the new laptop spins constantly, making me suspect that I have let in another virus.

Last edited:
I'm seeing the same thing. With one of the pop-ups, no matter what I click, whether it is "no", "later" or even the little "X" in the upper right hand corner, it acts like I had clicked the "yes".

It seems to me that someone had once advised me of two buttons I could simultaneously depress that would safely close my top window, ieven if it was a pop-up, but I don't remember which pair it was. Does anyone know of a way to close a pop-up window safely?

My desktop PC now will not let me open my AOL. I get some kind of "DLL", "System 32" error notice. I went to Best Buy to have their Geek Squad remove the virus and/or repair the programs, but then I had the bright idea of having the files I needed just copied onto a new laptop that I bought that day, but the Geek who worked on it didn't install the copied files correctly so I still don't have acces to my saved E-mails.

Now I see that the hard drive on the new laptop spins constantly, making me suspect that I have let in another virus.

those buttons are ALT and F4. One thing you guys should notice. when you use a search engine like google, look at the results and you'll notice that under each result a few will say anitvirus2009 or something like that in the address indicated.

here is an example:
Pioneer PDM 426: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read ...

Pioneer PDM 426 - pdm426 - 2 Sellers Found - Lowest Price: $149.99 - CD Changer, CD Player - 6 Discs - Output(s): Analog, Digital.
security-antivirus.com - 32k - Cached - [ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=related:security-antivirus.com"]Similar pages[/ame]

I bold the web address that link will take me. I did a search on a pioneer cd player model pdm 426 and a couple of the results included that address. you click on that and boom! you just let that virus in. always look before you click.the best way to prevent this when you're using a search engine like google is to sign up and open a free account with them. once you do that and sign in,most of these bogus links to fake websites will be filtered.

Well, I'm finally done!!! My computer is fixed. The only problem is that my history is gone which means if I wanted to see what sites I was on the week of Dec. 2nd, I can't now because all it shows is today. That kind of sucks but it's fixed. As a matter of fact, after I called the Comcast people and was trying to get it fixed, it didn't work as I was still getting the ads. My modem got unplugged so I scanned the computer a couple of times. Nothing. So finally, it looked like the problem was called by Windows Defender. It had one bad problem or program on there and I fixed it and now it works.

What a bad couple of hrs. Hard to get into a playoff game with those annoying ads in your face!!!!

Mets
So if this happens and you have Comcast, just call them? I think my sister screwed up her computer with the same thing

Well, here's the thing. This is somewhat a long-winded response so bear with me too make sure you can call Comcast.
I called Comcast because there my cable provider and I have my computer via cable modem. Now, what happened is that the things that you buy to protect your computer from virus-Norton AntiVirus, Spy Sweeper etc. I purchased it but shouldn't have because Comcast offers that type of anti virus software for free, since my computer is a cable modem. Anyway, I called Comcast to help me because of this antivirus stuff then put me through to a person who works for the McAfee Security which is the free antivirus software provided for you from Comcast.
Now after a long and I mean long wait I got through to the person. The person helped me and after that, I still had it. What happened was that I had to go into Windows Defender and that's where I had the bad problem and I got rid of the antivirus. BUT if it wasn't for the McAffee Security person I don't know if I would've gotten most of the antivirus stuff out of there and I probably would've still had the problem.

One more thing:If you need to know when you looked up anything, you somehow better save your stuff. In other words, I have an icon that says history on it. I could look up stuff from the past. If I wanted to see "Pages viewed during the week of 11/2/08" they are gone because of this antivirus thing, whereas before I could see the pages I viewed up to 9 weeks ago. So if you need to somehow reference when you looked up something make sure you somehow save it because all the pages I have now is from yesterday and today only. Nothing from a week ago, or a month ago but you could still add to your favorites.

Last edited:
That was one of the finest CD changers I ever owned. I thought they stopped making that model years ago. I just might go aherad and order a new one. Thanks, rey!:up

I plan on ordering one too.almost all the reviews if not all have been positive. you can get one at partsexpress.com ;)

I plan on ordering one too.almost all the reviews if not all have been positive. you can get one at partsexpress.com ;)

That is the only changer I ever had that truly never once repeated a track when on "random". Plus the magazine format is far superior to the carousel. :up

Mets, sorry to hijack your very important thread, dude. I'm sorry you had this incident and I thank you for passing it along. FYI, I heard a guy-in-the-know talking about 2009 and viruses on NBC today. He said he expects it to be a very bad year for this kind of stuff. So, thanks for starting us off with an actual event that should make us all aware.;)

Well its confirmed that "Anivirus 2009" is a virus...tried to get my sisters computer working and it wouldnt boot up unless its in safe mode and then you couldnt do anything. She took it to BB and the geek dude said that was a virus that is on the computer. Since its 4 years old she'll just upgrade..

sucks as she hadnt had internet for a while and just got cable/internet at her new place and a day later her computer blows up :(

Well its confirmed that "Anivirus 2009" is a virus...tried to get my sisters computer working and it wouldnt boot up unless its in safe mode and then you couldnt do anything. She took it to BB and the geek dude said that was a virus that is on the computer. Since its 4 years old she'll just upgrade..

sucks as she hadnt had internet for a while and just got cable/internet at her new place and a day later her computer blows up :(

I hear ya, pal. I just made my last payment on my 3 yr. old Dell last month. You know what I'm waiting for....:eek:

this type of virus is almost impossible to clean out so you usually you end up formatting the drive and reinstalling all your programs. the longer it stays in your pc the worse it gets. most anti virus software have a hard time detecting this specific virus.

Well, I had AntiVirus 2010 so I don't know if AntiVirus 2009 was something I had on my computer. It was a pain to get rid of AntiVirus 2010.

If you have a router with a firewall, chances are you don't have to worry about it, unless you download stuff from torrent sites and such.

I don't get viruses, I scan everything I download, i don't do "Illegal downloads" with P2P or Torrents and I use AVG safe search with Google and Thunderbird.

Now that I wrote this my daughter will probably download something.:eek:

That is the only changer I ever had that truly never once repeated a track when on "random". Plus the magazine format is far superior to the carousel. :up

Mets, sorry to hijack your very important thread, dude. I'm sorry you had this incident and I thank you for passing it along. FYI, I heard a guy-in-the-know talking about 2009 and viruses on NBC today. He said he expects it to be a very bad year for this kind of stuff. So, thanks for starting us off with an actual event that should make us all aware.;)

is it true this player never skips? is it very sensitive to scratched cd's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)