2008-2009 College Football Pool

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
:eek: *ATTENTION ALL SATELLITE GUY & GAL SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS!! :eek:

I mentioned in the 2008-09 College Bowl Season Thread about the possibility of arranging a pick'em pool with a twist. I really think this would be an awesome way to fuel all of our competitive fires. It would also be a fun way to spend during this College Bowl season. I am willing to run this pool and have an idea for us to keep track of the results. I can setup a page on the web through Google Docs to post all the spreadsheets and I can update the point totals as the games happen. The more entries, the merrier. Let's keep it closed to SG members and their spouses/significant others.

Hopefully this is ok by the mods. There will be no money exchanged, so I don't see why not. Instead, the winner of course will receive the almighty bragging rights to be crowned "The Most Knowledgeable College Football Expert Ever".... well until next year that is. ;) :D

Anyways, see below for the official rules. Keep in mind the first bowl game is this Saturday December 20th at 11am, so I will need your entries ASAP.

'08-'09 College Bowl Pool Official Rules:

*Pick winners of college bowl games / No point spreads
*Pick a winner and rank each game from 1-34 / Overall total must equal 595
*34 = Most confident selection / 1 = Most difficult selection
*Highest point total wins!
*Tie Breaker total # of wins
*Must be returned by Dec. 20th @ 10:00 a.m.

See attached Excel sheet for entry form.....

Attachments

• College FB 08-09.xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
ESPN

If anyone is interested,I just created a private pool in ESPN Bowl Mania. The league is Satellite Guys and the password is directanddish. You just have to enter your picks and rate them and they will do all the work and update the pool.

If anyone is interested,I just created a private pool in ESPN Bowl Mania. The league is Satellite Guys and the password is directanddish. You just have to enter your picks and rate them and they will do all the work and update the pool.

Those F*ers took my idea! Seriously, I never seen seen ESPN do this! What a crock.

Those F*ers took my idea! Seriously, I never seen seen ESPN do this! What a crock.
ESPN's been doing different pools for a while.
Satelliteguys has used them the past couple of years for March Madness.

I remember that our Sports Mod wound up in last place this year. :p

Last edited:
So which one are we doing? HD MM's are ESPN's?

Let's just do the ESPN one. I guess they total the scores automatically, so it would be less work for me than if I was to do everything manually (not that it mattered). If we don't like it, we can do the good old fashion Excel form next year.

The site is found here: [ame="http://games.espn.go.com/bowlmania/frontpage"]Moved Temporarily[/ame]

The league is called: Satellite Guys and the password is directanddish

BTW Sabres, if your out there. Please transfer your picks onto this ESPN site...

What does the confidence mean?

*34 = Most confident selection / 1 = Most difficult selection

Give the team you think has the best shot at winning the most points.

If they win, your awarded the points. At the end of the bowls, we will tally the points and the winner will be the one with the most points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)