I tried calling Tegna today to complain but they no longer give an option to talk to an operator.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Call the newsroom of one of their channel's TV news operation. You'll get through. Give them the tip that a certain TV channel group is screwing its viewership

They must be getting a lot of complaints. Funny, I'd also like them to define the phrase "market based". Tegna is so full of BS.
You can be certain that the entire staff has received instructions on how to respond to any inquiry into transmission disputes alone with the threat of severe consequences for anyone talking out of turn.

Call in but dont use your dial pad to select options..pretend you have a rotary phone...works with the IRS..eventually a operator or someone will pick up

Reactions: charlesrshell
Call the newsroom of one of their channel's TV news operation. You'll get through. Give them the tip that a certain TV channel group is screwing its viewership

It is not going to do any good. Local stations do not have any control on what comes down from Corporate. They do not even have the power to choose the local diginets. What Corporate says in this day goes. Local Tegna stations are in the middle of this fight. I am sure they would love to have some agreement. That is what you have when generally all TV stations are owned by Billion dollar Corps. The only thing that will change the status quo is when losing the millions of subs "really" start hurting them in the pocketbook. Many people that want their Tegna station have either gone to OTA or switched carriers.

FCC rules say they need to support rotary phones..if there is a voice prompt..just say operator
Doesn't work. Said the word "operator" several times and nothing happens. Also waited through the recordings and it just repeats itself over and over. Probably won't do any good, but I left a voicemail for the CEO's office.

Doesn't work. Said the word "operator" several times and nothing happens. Also waited through the recordings and it just repeats itself over and over. Probably won't do any good, but I left a voicemail for the CEO's office.
Even tried it again and just tried holding on without doing anything and waited thru the repeated recordings. Eventually it just says "Thank you for calling. Goodbye." and hangs up. Suggestion doesn't work.

You could call a local tegna news room...tell them to do a feature on merging traffic..then when the tv crew shows up for the live interview..blast them on retranmission fees

You could call a local tegna news room...tell them to do a feature on merging traffic..then when the tv crew shows up for the live interview..blast them on retranmission fees
What motivates you to treat people like that? Do you think the tv crew has some influence with corporate?

Why do you have to be sarcastic and bring up an unrelated thread? It wasn't even posted in the Dish section. If you see on that thread, I haven't posted in it for several days. I've cooled off and moved on whether or not people are still posting in it. I only posted that thread because of my frustration with quite a large margin of the public's disregard for common courtesy as well as public safety. As for Tegna, it's not like this eats me away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)