I want my HD-DVDs to be full screen, not 2.35-1

I would like for HD-DVD (and Blu-Ray) movies to be full screen on my HD-TV.
Most displays give you all kinds of ways to zoom/crop/stretch the picture to fill your screen. You can zoom in on a 2.35-1 image to crop off the sides and fill your screen. For a 4:3 shows, there are typically several different ways to stretch things into short fat people that fill your screen. If that's what you want to do, I'm pretty sure your display will allow you to. Look for some setting called "format" or "aspect". I for one do not want them to butcher the actual movies themselves. That made no sense to me for DVD's, it makes even less sense for HD-DVDs or Blu-Ray. These new formats are pretty much for the discriminating crowd, and I don't really associate pan-n-scan fans with that group.

I found this topic to be interesting in a BD/HD thread. BD/HD people are people who want the best picture and to see everything that was meant to be seen (at a price as well.) If they were to accommidate that claim on something such as Lord of the Rings or Star Wars and make them 1:85-1 for 16x9 tvs there would be holy hell.

Not in this case. I prefer subtitles. I've only seen the B&W version of Casablanca. I didn't care for it. Adding color would not have improved it.

WOW! Really?

I'm seriously not doggin you, but I'm really shocked you didn't like Casablana. I could watch it with the sound off, just to look at Ingrid Bergman.

Yeah, you might be right, why waste the frame on something that is not so important? :D
Hey Ilya, you forgot something.
oh wait, they only do that on tv, not on dvds (yet)

Attachments

• monalisa16-9.jpg
    monalisa16-9.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 122
Pan and Scan HD?? WTF?? Thats like asking for a cheap diamond or affordable Rolex. HD is the champagne and Pan and Scan is the Milwaukes Best of Tech. So what you want is Boones Farm? You should sell your HD right now because you might be getting cheated since you paid for all that space and now you have something wrong because there are black bars. Pan and Scan is not cool in any way. It needs to die with VHS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts