I want my Yankees! Any good news yet?

dishrookie

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Baseball is not that far away, I am in New Jersey and have dishnetwork, which means no on YesNetwork. Are there any plans by dish to get it this season?

1 of the many reasons why Cablevision is coming to install cable in a few weeks and dish is going bye bye in my home!

I heard its almost worked out so don't be surprised. Charlie is well aware of us Yankee fans dropping Dish for the competitor and I heard it may be this season.

Well the problem is that so many people have switched already, so it's a little late and pointless at this stage in the game to add YES, especially if the rates are still being fought over. Won't new yorkers also be loosing the mets this year if they don't add Comcast New York?

Stanleee said:
I heard its almost worked out so don't be surprised. Charlie is well aware of us Yankee fans dropping Dish for the competitor and I heard it may be this season.

even if they did add it, i believe it would benefit new york subscribers. i think the games would be blacked out to the rest.

Forget about YES Network..If you are lucky maybe they'll give you NESN so you can watch Red Sox Games! I Hope Randy blows out his elbow on opening day.

The Jets are going down this weekend.

Scott
-Boston

Stanleee said:

Funny same EXACT thing was said around this time last year!

Bye bye Chuckie!

skiz77 said:
Forget about YES Network..If you are lucky maybe they'll give you NESN so you can watch Red Sox Games! I Hope Randy blows out his elbow on opening day.

The Jets are going down this weekend.

Scott
-Boston
Yep, if I was a Red Sox fan, I would have the warm, fuzzy feeling that comes with sharing something with my great,great,great grandparents also.Meanwhile this year we will celebrate our 27th world championship.I hope the Pats go down and Brady breaks his neck.

BFG said:
Well the problem is that so many people have switched already, so it's a little late and pointless at this stage in the game to add YES, especially if the rates are still being fought over. Won't new yorkers also be loosing the mets this year if they don't add Comcast New York?
no no no he just added locals in syracuse and albany I think he needs yes to attract customers upstate

Stanleee said:
Meanwhile this year we will celebrate our 27th world championship.

I think the other New York baseball team will have something to say about that. Pedro, Carlos, a healthy Piazza, and soon to be another Carlos will be strong this year!

Go Mets! :yes

What network are the Mets on this year? Is it still a Fox Sports/WPIX/MSG split or do they have a different deal in place?

I'm psyched that I will be able to hear all the games on XM. I've got the boombox in my office so I won't have to rely on the internet feed anymore. I had mlb.tv direct two years ago, and had the free access from MSN last year. Are they still giving free access to MSN members or has that deal not been renewed?

i believe they just setup there own rsn comcast regional sports network, although im sure wpix will show a few mets games, the new comcast rsn shall have vast majority of the mets games

If Jets pull it off it will make it that much easier for the Pats to win their 3rd in 4 years...if they can beat Manning. Thats if their kicker stops shanking them. He just shanked his 2nd as I am typing.

PS That Sox Championchip was Sweeter than all 26 Yankess combined. Coming from 3 games down and celebrating in Yankee stadium couldn't have been any sweeter. Now the Yanks add Johnson and have a payroll over $200M. You must be really proud of them when they win.

I am,cause its not my money. Some teams that don't spend any $ end up in 3rd or 4th place and are happy. Our owner wants to win as it should be.Anyway we should try to get back on the subject the man asked about and that was the Yes network on Dish.

So once again...... Anyone have any idea whether the games will broadcast the same as last year? (MSG, FoxSportsNY, and WPIX all splitting up the schedule)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)