Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I want a Chumby!

chumby › internet radio player, digital picture frame, alarm clock - more!

I never heard of these until today and what it does is amazing! Its a clock radio but so much more, it runs Widgets, which allow you to do all kinds of things, such as listen to Internet Radio, monitor your email box, view the weather forcasts, even play games... all without a computer.

It does everything over your Wifi connection and there are over 400 widgets available.

Hey Prize Goddess... I WANT ONE!

I got one sort of with my IPHONE hooked up to a Magnavox clock radio--it is sort of the same thing and I get video streamming---the screen is small thou.

Yes, this would be a nice gadget to have. I remember seeing it featured on one of the news programs a while back. I wish it had a rechargeable battery.... even if it didn't last that long...:cool: but it's still on the want list.

Hopefully the list of widgets continue to grow for it.

I want a Chumby!

chumby › internet radio player, digital picture frame, alarm clock - more!

I never heard of these until today and what it does is amazing! Its a clock radio but so much more, it runs Widgets, which allow you to do all kinds of things, such as listen to Internet Radio, monitor your email box, view the weather forcasts, even play games... all without a computer.

It does everything over your Wifi connection and there are over 400 widgets available.

Hey Prize Goddess... I WANT ONE!

If that wasn't a hint, what is? :D :D

Pretty nice upgrade of the alarm clock, putting it on my Christmas list.
I was thinking the same thing. Christmas is just around the corner. I think I get this for my wife for this Christmas. Dang it Scott....... They say ignorance is bliss. I don't know about that but sure would lighten my pocketbook. How much is it?;)

If it had an apple logo on it, people would be lined up around the block to buy it, no matter how overpriced and under-featured it was.

I can only hope it will go down to $39 after the holidays. I know that the price hasn't changed from the $179 since it went on sale back in October of '07.

Hopefully once it starts to catch on and sells more then the price will start to go down...

Wait until the Korean or Chinese knockoffs compete. Just look at those digital photo picture frames today vs. two years ago. 10% of the price now vs then. A new clock radio? same old sh*t, new wrapper.

Wait until the Korean or Chinese knockoffs compete. Just look at those digital photo picture frames today vs. two years ago. 10% of the price now vs then. A new clock radio? same old sh*t, new wrapper.

And some, I read, come with viruses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)