I want to add a third reciever, I need some info/help!!!

york4311

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
USA
Ok, here is my setup.1 Turbo HD Sat Dish with the 3 focals (or what ever they're called).1 thick cable coming into the house (which has two coaxial cables)1 coaxial cable goes to splitter 1...(sat-in, in-out going to/from 722k in family room, uhf out going to master br)I have remote 1 for HDTV and remote 2 for SD in master br1 coaxial cable goes to splitter 2...(sat-in, in-out going to/from 222k in basement office, uhf out going to 8 way splitter). 8 way splitter then feed the remainder of house's SDI have remote 1 for HDTV in basement office, and 3 remote 2's, one for each level of the house that has SD tvs.Everything is working great. However, I would like to buy a HDTV for our living room and get HD service. So, I'm thinking about buying a 211k but am wondering how it will get HD from the sat dish, as there are only 2 coax cables coming in.Any advice/help/info???

You very likely have a Dish 1000.2 or 1000.4, both of which have an integrated switch in the LNB assembly (what you called 3 focals above). Both of these dish antennas have 3 outputs. A 3rd RG6 cable will have to be run from the LNB assembly to your 3rd receiver.

Thanks TheKrell. Luckily, before I finished the basement, I ran an extra Coax cable from where the Sat Dish is into the house, in case I wanted to add an OTA antena. I could just use that!!!

Good planning and foresight. ;) Remember, you can still add that OTA antenna via diplexers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)