Need help understanding MOVING, Spot beams, etc...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

york4311

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
USA
I am in zipcode 55901, DMA 154 Rochester, Mason City, Austin and am stuck with SD Locals (I'm paying for locals 5.99 amonth)

I live 70 miles south of Minneapolis, and they get all locals in HD. I'd like to "move" my locals but not sure about if it would work or not.

Not sure what it is that I need to do. Is there anything I should check first...like signal strength, etc...

HELP!!!

I am in zipcode 55901, DMA 154 Rochester, Mason City, Austin and am stuck with SD Locals (I'm paying for locals 5.99 amonth)

I live 70 miles south of Minneapolis, and they get all locals in HD. I'd like to "move" my locals but not sure about if it would work or not.

Not sure what it is that I need to do. Is there anything I should check first...like signal strength, etc...

HELP!!!

The Twin Cities HD locals are on Transponder 13 on SB14 on 129W:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn129?=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=CIEL2_SB14.jpg

and on Transponder 3 on SB 13 on 61.5W: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn61?=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=E12_SB13.jpg

If you are pointed at 129W, go Menu 6-1-1 change the Sat to 129 and the transponder to 13 and see what signal strength you get. The transponder should change to be designated as spotbeam. If you get a SS above 30 you should be OK. Do a like procedure if you're pointed at 61.5 setting the transponder to 3.

I think based on your info you should be within the 129 spotbeam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts