i want to bash my r22 with a bat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

belize1

Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
belize
really need some help before i commit receiver murder...i have a r22 hooked up with single feed from 8ft channelmaster dual lnb with 4:1 multiswitch...other half goes to neighbor house. i can only run one line to my recvr so the other coming off switch is a spare.

i have sat input cable hooked up to sat 1. when i activate it wants to find signal on channel 2 which is not hooked up and it hangs...i was finally able to get it to take by going to setup and reentering slimline, multswitch and single feed settings..these seems to be default. once i did this 5-6 times it wold connect and start downloading prog guide.

this worked well for 2 mos and then the guide started freezing....i have recvr plugged in 1200w apc UPS so it has constant clean power.

signal meter shows good strenght on line 1 when i am plugged into line1

now when i try to reconfigure i cant get it to not try to read signal off sat 2 input..so it hangs as cant acquire signal. i have unplugged it, hit reset button..pulled out the card.tried starting with at input in sat 2 and it still wont switch to read the correct input to get the signal...

any suggestiosn will be greatly appeciated...and any recommendations for a better recvr also..thx

ps

the reason why i have a 8 ft dish is i am overseas so cant get mega satellite feeds and need that size to pick up weak signal..just get one which gives good portion of channels 101

First of all, there's no such thing as a 4:1 multiswitch. The dual LNB should feed a 2 input/4 output multiswitch and then the receivers will connect to it, with the R22 using 2 of them. I won't remark about the neighbor's house as that's not legal.

Anyway, once you have the R22 connected with 2 cables then select the correct dish in setup.

The neighbor being hooked up would be legal if both households are paying for service. Its not illegal to share a single dish.

Other than that, the only suggestion I have is to use wood instead of aluminum.

Sounds like you might have a bad LNB.

excuuuse me...typo 4:2 splitter. not illegal as i am not in the usa. my neighbor has his own subscription but we just share dish. i get one side of lnb and he gets the other...i will switch feeds and see what happens...the recr worked fine with one feed for 3 months.
if not will bat it. i have another one that would never turn on out of factory sealed box.

Please post the exact model of the 4:2 "splitter". The term splitter still bothers me. You need to verify that it is a 2x4 "multiswitch" and that it is for use with DirecTV. Also, ensure that there are no regular splitters in the system.

2x4 multiswitch is correct one...for some reason the recv all of a sudden picked up the guide and started working again...after 4 days of trying..starting to wonder if it was not a directv prob. thx anyhow

It's possible that is was a cable connections problem. In the course of troubleshooting you probably disconnected and reconnected the cables and thus the problem was fixed!
I'd double check all connections to ensure they are tight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts