I want to upgrade & have a couple of questions...

Chuck In Ohio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
Athens, Ohio
Hello. I've been with DISH for about three years and currently have a 722K and a 222K. I'd like to upgrade the 222K for another 722K because we're using the DVR function more now and like it. My questions are:

Will DISH charge me an upgrade fee? If so, how much?
How will the monthly charge change?

Thanks.

Hello. I've been with DISH for about three years and currently have a 722K and a 222K. I'd like to upgrade the 222K for another 722K because we're using the DVR function more now and like it. My questions are:

Will DISH charge me an upgrade fee? If so, how much?
How will the monthly charge change?

Thanks.

Most likely the upgrade will be free but you will have to pay the Technician visit fee. $15 if you have the protection plan and $95 if not. Your bill will also go up $3 since you have a second DVR receiver on your account.

Thanks Scherrman & patmurphey.

I just saw that Hopper/Joey thing on here for the first time today (I haven't been here for a while). I guess I should educate myself first about that. I'm usually "gunshy" about new things coming out...buggy & all.

Any upgrade cost depends on the account, but if you want I can get you details on replacing the 222k with a 722/k. As mentioned, you would see a $3 increase on your bill. Send me a PM with your phone number or account number if you'd like that info (we don't have Hopper/Joey info at this time).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)