I will be away next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bon voyage!

BTW - I am about to purchase several 48-core Opterons in a 1U chassis w/64GB RAM for... Are you sitting down? $6100 apiece! I can't imagine what you want to buy for $8K.

Wow!

We are going to be looking for a fast system with RAID setup, battery back for the raid etc.

I went to serversdirect and just priced some basic systems together and thats where I got the around $8k price.

Sadly, "fast system" seems to be slowed down by "RAID" - but I'll never have a server or PC again without one!

Have a fun & safe trip. :)
While your gone this will give Iceberg a chance to pad his post count lead & keep his title as Top poster.

Scott,
Hope you & your wife have a great time! Take time to just relax and enjoy!

I been thinking of taking a cruise this summer too, but my wife keeps insisting she wants to come along!

Ghpr13:D

Fess up Scott!!! You are gonna on the "Charlie Cruise". Since he is so busy now that he can only be Chairman of the Board, he doesn't have time for Charlie Chats and he takes all his inner circle with him on a Cruise to plan which RSN he can dump next!:D

You and your wife have a great time, and watch out for those hidden fees for internet or cell phone usage, while onboard.

Fess up Scott!!! You are gonna on the "Charlie Cruise". Since he is so busy now that he can only be Chairman of the Board, he doesn't have time for Charlie Chats and he takes all his inner circle with him on a Cruise to plan which RSN he can dump next!:D
I would love to have him on the cruise and to be able to really chat with him and pick his brain about all kinds of things. A lot of times when we do talk we dont even talk about the satellite industry.

Enjoy your vacation, Scott.
I'm coming up on 15 years of marriage the 25th of this month. :)
We'll all try to behave, and not start any fires or break stuff while you're gone! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts