I would like to see Directv add the Voom HD channels!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cantonsurroundsound

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 22, 2008
VOOM HD Networks

Voom HD provides commercial free, superior HD clarity compared to everything else on the market. They were the sole reason for us using dish but now that dish dropped Voom HD we switched to Directv. We would switch again to anyone whom picked up Voom HD and it would be great if Directv picked up Voom. With Voom HD Directv would have unique HD content second to none in the industry and could crush dish and their competitors! :cool:

We loved Treasure HD, Ultra HD, Rave HD, Rush HD, Monsters HD, Kung Fu HD, Film Fest HD, HD news, just to name a few. There are no channels out there that have similar shows. My wife loved Ultra HD as it had fashion shows with the latest runway shows in HD.

Here are some overviews of some of Voom HD:

Ultra HD Immerse yourself in the worlds of fashion, beauty and style. ULTRA HD delivers coverage of the fashion industry's hottest events, and helps you choose what to wear. From shopping to cuisine to interior design, ULTRA HD is devoted to stylish living

Treasure HD is a channel dedicated to what people treasure in life, from antiques to adventures. Original, innovative, entertaining, it's a high definition pursuit of people and their passions, exploring those fascinating individuals who live their dreams and inspire the rest of us to find ourselves. Treasure HD: find yourself.

Monsters HD - TV's first and only all horror channel. Monster movies are brought to life like never before on MONSTERS HD. From Frankenstein to Freddy, Godzilla to Jason, this monstrous mix of horror features blood-curdling clarity and spine-tingling sound.

Equator HD - Explore the world's most intriguing people and places with intelligent travel, nature and cultural programs. Hear people of the world in their own words, and visit extraordinary landscapes that speak for themselves.

FILM FEST HD is a virtual revival house with a breadth of genres curated in HD. With restored classics, sleeper hits, retro favorites, docs, indies and even midnight cult movies, FILM FEST HD feels like a landmark movie house - in high definition.

Kungfu HD - Welcome to the Wild, Wild East! KUNG FU HD offers intense fights, amazing cinematography and lush colors in a line-up of all your favorite martial arts stars - from Bruce Lee to Jet Li.

Gallery HD - This channel is dedicated to visual art and the artistic process, catering to a wide array of art lovers. Through visually stunning imagery and compelling storytelling, GALLERY HD is the first and only HD channel that defines the most talked-about artists of today and tomorrow.

RUSH HD takes you to the heart of adventure sports, from B.A.S.E. jumping and kayaking to big-wave surfing, snowboarding and more.

RAVE HD is the first music channel dedicated to delivering a larger than life concert experience in crystal clear hi-definition and 5.1 Dolby digital surround sound.

WORLDSPORT HD delivers a wide variety of top sporting events from around the globe, including live HD coverage of the Spanish Premier Soccer League featuring Real Madrid and sports superstar David Beckham.

HD news - The only 24/7 national news source in high definition, HDNEWS offers news headlines, sports highlights, in-depth features and national weather reports supported by 5 news bureaus across the nation.

Animation HD Eye-popping animation from the newest groundbreaking series, specials and cutting edge anime produced in stunning high definition to favorite cartoon classics re-mastered into HD. This is animation like you've never seen before.

The intensity of the video game comes alive on GAMEPLAY HD. Watch live video game tournaments and get tips on playing strategies from the creators of everything from the newest games to the arcade classics.

I wouldn't. If they did not take up additional bandwidth from other HD channels and were either put in a separate tier or did not result in a price increase, then I wouldn't care. These would be the only HD channels I would actually remove from my favorites list.

Wasn't most of the Voom channels repeated endlessly , so once you seen them you continued to see them.
I prefer channels that have new stuff week to week.

Jimbo

Heck (jokingly I say) I would just like to NOT see new threads every day asking the same question about adding Voom or what will DirecTV be adding.

I was a Voom customer back when they were a provider - I was a customer when they pulled the plug. The only channel that I really missed was Rave. Many of the channels did indeed have a lot of repeat programming. I'm sure things have changed in the last 3 years though.

I wouldn't be upset at more HD, as long as they didn't cut back on the PQ of the rest of the channels.

<sarcasm>
Canton, apparently you don't understand the official rules around here.

If you are going to state your desire for a provider to add channels, that is only ok if the channels you want are HD-in-name-only upconverted stretch-o-vision channels.

The channels you requested are full time actual HD content and are thus not allowed to be discussed here.
</sarcasm>

I was a Voom customer back when they were a provider - I was a customer when they pulled the plug. The only channel that I really missed was Rave. Many of the channels did indeed have a lot of repeat programming. I'm sure things have changed in the last 3 years though.

I wouldn't be upset at more HD, as long as they didn't cut back on the PQ of the rest of the channels.

it didn't change it got worse. way to many repeats.

I personally would be very disappointed if Directv added the Voom channels. It would be a waste of bandwidth. I also don't see this ever happening after all the crap they gave dish for carrying them.

<sarcasm>
Canton, apparently you don't understand the official rules around here.

If you are going to state your desire for a provider to add channels, that is only ok if the channels you want are HD-in-name-only upconverted stretch-o-vision channels.

The channels you requested are full time actual HD content and are thus not allowed to be discussed here.
</sarcasm>

You know that as a Dish sub you want all of those part time HD channels too.

If Directv has space to add Voom after they begin using the new satellite, why shouldn't they? The more HD the better, IMHO. There should be something for all interests. Personally, I consider all the HD sports coverage a gigantic waste of bandwidth. We all have our likes and dislikes.

I wouldnt mind voom as long as the additon doesnt conflict with channels of greater interest. Perhaps with D11 the capacity will be at a point where adding voom is feasible with sacrificing other future adds.

To be honest, I am going to echo everyone here, as long as there is capacity, and they arent taking up room...why not? if they bring new subscriber growth, TURN A PROFIT, why not nail down just about every nieche there is out there?

I believe Voom's fate is sealed after Dish told them to get lost. There is more to it than just bandwidth space, they want $$ per sub and adding that many channels will no doubt be a pretty big $$ and one that they obviously havne't been able to justify since they've been kicked to the curb again.

At this point we have more room for the VOOM channels than we do the VOOM threads. I wouldn't mind having them as a VOD offering or condensed into a few channels that were scheduled more for the DVR than for a traditional viewing.

But do we really need to start a new thread each week describing VOOM as if we didn't know what it was?

I believe Voom's fate is sealed after Dish told them to get lost. There is more to it than just bandwidth space, they want $$ per sub and adding that many channels will no doubt be a pretty big $$ and one that they obviously havne't been able to justify since they've been kicked to the curb again.

Big bucks per sub happen when you have leverage (ESPN). VOOM has zero leverage....not even a little, not even at all. They need subscribers. Lots of cheap subscribers are better than zero expensive ones. VOOM may be dead, but there's never been a better time for DIRECTV to get them on the cheap.

I'd like to see them add any HD, aThey suck and you knoLike HBO w itnd Max and all those Extra Pay channels don't repeat themselves
You people piss me off so friggin bad thinking D* is all God Almighty.
Yes I've had D* for 10 years and hate every day of it..................one day they will be gone

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)