I would like to upgrade to HD DVR but?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Doesn't that mean another two year commitment to DirecTV? I currently have a year left on a previous commitment. I'm worried I will not get the signal in three years.

They don't add the other year to make it 3 years, it starts your 2 years over again.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll have it for two years. My wife is talking Disney World this Summer so it doesn't really matter. Walt seems to have an excellent system that simply extracts money from your wallet by the second. The HD DVR will have to be put on hold.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll have it for two years. My wife is talking Disney World this Summer so it doesn't really matter. Walt seems to have an excellent system that simply extracts money from your wallet by the second. The HD DVR will have to be put on hold.:rolleyes:
I would call and see what kind of a deal D* would give you, you never can tell. Especially if you are a good customer, on their "A" list.

I would also call and see what they will do for you.
Remember it's a lease, so after teh upfront cost, it's the DVR and extra rec. is all, if you already have a dvr on the account, you won't be charged any addl for that and if you replacing an rec. with the HR20-700 -100 that fee also won't be addl to your bill.

As for the commitment, that will be there regardless, but remember that it is rec specific, so if your other rec's are at month 18 (example) in 6 more months they will be freed up of a commitment.
That can come in handy when deciding which rec. to trade in, if thats you senario.

Jimbo

You can't add DVR service without any commitment?

I don't think that is correct.

I think you can add the DVR service without commiting.

Not anymore! You can't own your own receviers anymore.You could spend $500 or $20 dollars ,they are all Leased receviers.Anytime you activate a new receiver its a 2 year contract No matter what.As someone has stated already if your an A List customer they will cut you a good deal on a receiver.I got an HR 20 for $150 free shipping and 3 easy payments.I ve heard upgrades as low as $129 for an HR 20 in another chat .

Not anymore! You can't own your own receviers anymore.You could spend $500 or $20 dollars ,they are all Leased receviers.Anytime you activate a new receiver its a 2 year contract No matter what.As someone has stated already if your an A List customer they will cut you a good deal on a receiver.I got an HR 20 for $150 free shipping and 3 easy payments.I ve heard upgrades as low as $129 for an HR 20 in another chat .

True with an exception when I made that statement I am talking about "used" receivers that you can "buy" and "own".All new receivers are leased.;)

not true. If you get your's from a friend, garage sale, etc., they're owned. You do need a new access card tho. Oh, and standard IRD's, bought new from D*, carry a 1 year commitment, DVR, HD, and HD-DVR are 2 years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.