Ice Cold TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdZackery

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
NW Ohio
Have a LCD HDTV in our camper here in Ohio and planning on leaving it there over the winter. It will not be powered up or anything until next camping season (I hope). Was wondering if there are any opinions on if the cold would effect the lcd or not.

Have a LCD HDTV in our camper here in Ohio and planning on leaving it there over the winter. It will not be powered up or anything until next camping season (I hope). Was wondering if there are any opinions on if the cold would effect the lcd or not.

I checked into this, as our cabin up north is in the same situation. I'm told there's not an issue, as the LCD can't freeze. However, it can act real sluggish if you try to actually USE it while it's (the tv) very cold.

Just make sure that when you next use it, that it doesn't have any built-up water condensation on it. if so, dry it carefully with a low set hair-dryer before powering it up.

I leave a couple of LCD TVs in our RV over winter. I'd warm the RV up before trying to turn on the TVs, but we generally are only there long enough during the winter to check the place out. It freezes there in WV, but nothing like further nawth. ;)

Thanks for the help. We will only be there to check on things during winter also. They won't turn our power on till end of April, so it should be ok then. I will look for moisture close too.

we have a big screen (old school model) in our 3 car garage at the cabin and we leave it unplugged for the winter.

never had an issues in 4 years....

Status
Not open for further replies.