ice on dish, no signal

I use a garden hose with nozzle hooked to the hot water in my garage and its ice free in a couple minutes. Cold water would take a little longer but would work.

I do the same thing. In fact I just had to do it a few hours ago to get some snow off the dish.

I know they sell something at Camping World called "DomeMagic" or something like that. I wasn't sure if it will work on ice problems or is it only good for snow problems?

Yea, I've got this problem as well after the snow/ice in the NE over the last few days. First time it's ever happened to me in 9 years of having satellite. Fortunately, it appears that only certain transponders on 61.5 are out (e.g. Travel ChannelHD, BioHD) so given that the dishes are all the way up on my chimney I think I'll wait for the Spring thaw. :)

Interesting... same thing here in CT, after all this snow and such... I didn't realize it could cause bad reception on only a few channels - CNBC HD, Weather Channel HD, and Travel Channel HD have been out of commission for a few days now. Everything else is fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)